Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

What is the SUV equiv. of the Ford Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Moving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the rough
What is the SUV equiv. of the Ford Raptor

I currently have a Ford Raptor (6.2L) Supercab (2 doors plus the 2 half-doors) which is great. And while I could go a bit bigger and get a Raptor CrewCab with the full 4-doors and increased rear space, I'm wondering if there is a current day production SUV/SAV Raptor equivilent on the market (from any manufacturer).....

It would have most of the luxury bells and whistles, increased off-road capability without being a purpose-built off-road vehicle, and somewhat regular & reliable & servicable (Ford dealers in every city) while being a bit rare (something car guys appreciate).

Let's rule out a Unimog right away.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Moving Chicane; 02-10-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:53 AM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think there's any SUV at the moment that can compare to the Raptor in stock form. If I were in your position however I think an FJ cruiser lifted + some King shocks and beadlocks on all 4 corners would be nice. Something along those lines:

With this:

or this

Old 02-10-2012, 10:54 AM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Imo there is nothing out there that could be considered an equivalent.

My 2 cents, get a 4 door raptor. You love the truck, no?

Old 02-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Moving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the rough
THe FJ is a nice and credible consideration - thanks. Perhaps too small though.

Sean - Do like the Raptor (although not as fast as it should be ); but really need to go SUV at this point and will NOT consider any Sanford & Sons camper shell type arrangement on the Raptor to get there!!!

Last edited by Moving Chicane; 02-10-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:59 AM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
There's always the 4runner which is pretty voluminous, or depending on your budget an Audi Q7, although I doubt you'd want to do much offroading with it. You would have the Raptor for that though.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:04 AM
nrz
Teamspeed Senior Member
nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (2 or 4 door). You might want to lift it some to give it the Raptor "look", but at the end of the day you have a serious off road truck with hardware to back it up.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
brabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant future
G55 amg. enough said.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by brabusk8
G55 amg. enough said.
^^ is what I keep coming back too as the primary option.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:17 AM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't we talk about hennessey S/C it? Lol

Diesel q7?

Old 02-10-2012, 11:39 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
G55 AMG, I've got one and its very reliable and strong in offroad.

Or else 4 door Jeep wrangler, I've heard that the new interior is miles ahead of the pre-facelift model.

Quick Reply: What is the SUV equiv. of the Ford Raptor