Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Motor Trend's Jason Udy picks the Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport worst of 2011

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 12:54 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Motor Trend's Jason Udy picks the Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport worst of 2011

Motor Trend's Jason Udy picks the Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport his worst of 2011

Motor Trend recently had their editorial staff pick their best and worst cars driven of 2011. We were a bit surprised that this Vette got so panned. We all know that the Vette is in dire need of a full model make-over, but the worst out of all tested seems a tad harsh no?
Worst Car – Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport
Trying to figure out the worst car I drove in 2011 is only slightly easier than deciding on the best car I drove all year. The TSX wagon comes to mind – nothing wrong with it per say, it just didn’t wow me. The VW Jetta TDI was equally disappointing. The power was nice and the DSG shifts insanely fast, but the stark interior with hard plastics wasn’t enough. The Fiat 500 Sport manual was much slower than I expected. But, the biggest disappointment for me would have to be Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport – surprising because I have always preferred the simplicity of American cars over exotics. Is the Grand Sport fast? YES! But, it just didn’t feel special, like it had no soul, which is a shame for a car with an uninterrupted nameplate dating back to 1953. Hopefully GM can improve the C7 Corvette and ignite some passion back into America’s sports car (and ditch the transverse mono-leaf suspension).

Old 12-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
this is my shocked face.

:/

Old 12-31-2011, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Utter nonsense. It sounds like it was disappointing based on his expectations.

Worst car out of all the cars he drove all year? Gimme a break.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:24 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by latterlon
Utter nonsense. It sounds like it was disappointing based on his expectations.

Worst car out of all the cars he drove all year? Gimme a break.
It's a vette. crapola. lol

Old 12-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
Slick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
It's a vette. crapola. lol
Sorry, but the Corvette has always been the working-man supercar, and when they introduced the C6 Z06 back in 2006, it was running down Gallardos, Ford GTs, F430, and stomping all over 911s (Even at the track). Not to mention the ZR1, with someone who knows how to drive behind the wheel, went around the Nurburgring faster than a 911 GT2 RS, Maserati MC12, Zonda F, Enzo, etc., etc. Sure teh quality that goes into the interior is pretty shabby, and sure it still rides on leaf springs, but it has stood as Americas working-class hero for over 50 years.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:56 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
The GS is a great bang for the buck, I had a blast driving one last summer that belonged to a friend of mine, it's surely not as bad as he makes it out to be.

The C7 does need to be something special though for Corvette to be taken seriously as a competitor to the fit and finish of the likes of Porsche etc.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
IMHO, Motor Trend has always been at the bottom rung of the mainstream car magazines, and opinions like this are not going to help get them out of that slot.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:17 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MattFalcon is on a distinguished roadMattFalcon is on a distinguished road
Somebody give that girlie man a Prius and a Soy Latte...

Old 12-31-2011, 03:21 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MattFalcon
Somebody give that girlie man a Prius and a Soy Latte...
+1..

Old 12-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Teamspeed Member
Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'd like to hear some more detailed reasoning behind this guys argument. It does sound like he's being kind of whiny, but I've never driven a Corvette Grand Sport, so I can't confidently criticize his opinions.

Can anyone here on the team attest to this mans claims?

Quick Reply: Motor Trend's Jason Udy picks the Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport worst of 2011