Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

2013 Dodge Viper Spy Shots

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Post 2013 Dodge Viper Spy Shots

From Motor Autority:

2013 Dodge Viper Spy Shots
The 2013 Dodge Viper supercar is one of the most anticipated cars of the coming year, and destined to be the crowning glory of Chrysler’s rejuvenated lineup when it’s unveiled for the first time early next year.

But before then we have these breaking spy shots to whet your appetite.

The spy shots depict a pair of test-mules for the future Viper, with its new front-end attached to the body of the current generation car. This is because engineers are testing air flow and cooling for a brand new engine, which makes sense as these prototypes were spotted in the extreme heat of California’s Death Valley.

The heavily masked front-end reveals a few subtle details, however, showing a slightly smaller front air dam and headlights with a more tapered back design.

Interestingly, it appears as though both the coupe and convertible chassis are being tested, suggesting that both models will be launched simultaneously. Additionally, Chrysler’s engineers have also rolled out a Chevrolet Corvette to test alongside the new Viper as it is the car’s number one target.

The 2013 Dodge Viper is expected to be new from the ground up, including its engine, chassis and interior. One major difference will be the introduction of more driver aids, including advanced stability and traction control systems in order to make the car appeal more to a wider target audience. You may recall Chrysler revealed last April that it was testing the Viper in snowy conditions.

And while it won’t get a Ferrari designed engine as previously speculated, Dodge CEO Ralph Gilles has hinted that some of the Italian supercar brand’s know-how will filter into the next Viper.

Its styling, meanwhile, has been described by Gilles as inspired by a “naked woman on the beach”.

Look out for the debut of the 2013 Dodge Viper early next year, possibly at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show in January, but in the meantime, hit this link to follow our full coverage thus far.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
The headlights, I could be wrong, look like Maserati's.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond repute
The 2013 Dodge Viper is expected to be new from the ground up, including its engine, chassis and interior. One major difference will be the introduction of more driver aids, including advanced stability and traction control systems in order to make the car appeal more to a wider target audience. You may recall Chrysler revealed last April that it was testing the Viper in snowy conditions.
fvck that

Old 08-16-2011, 11:22 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a few roadster test mules:

Old 08-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
It looks like the last one?

Old 08-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ my thoughts exactly.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:59 AM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Facelift plus easier to drive? I still like the old ones....

Old 08-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
It doesn't matter what it looks like I have a Lotus in the garage that I built and this thing is pvssy compared to that, not that any of you pansies would understand, but I can stay in my lanes and shred canyons this thing looks like a nancy built it and can't even keep up with my Toyota powered Lotus that I built in my garage with wrenches and shit you teamspeed pvssies!

Old 08-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ WTF? Lol

Anyways. Not impressed with Dodge. Car looks the same, and just because they're adding aids for pussies to not crash it in a tree, doesn't make it really...appealing to me. I hope for some odd reason, they will redesign the car or something crazy in the performance/suspension, otherwise not impressed Dodge...not impressed.

Edit: Maybe we should of read first before posting lol.

"The spy shots depict a pair of test-mules for the future Viper, with its new front-end attached to the body of the current generation car. This is because engineers are testing air flow and cooling for a brand new engine, which makes sense as these prototypes were spotted in the extreme heat of California’s Death Valley."

So it's a new front end, on the old body. So most likely they will redesign the rest of the car, but now they are just testing front end. Interesting.

Last edited by JDM135; 08-16-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Wearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
It doesn't matter what it looks like I have a Lotus in the garage that I built and this thing is pvssy compared to that, not that any of you pansies would understand, but I can stay in my lanes and shred canyons this thing looks like a nancy built it and can't even keep up with my Toyota powered Lotus that I built in my garage with wrenches and shit you teamspeed pvssies!
and goodbye.

Ex viper owner here, we don't want driver aids. If your federally mandated to install them then make them easy to defeat please. Also it better be a V10 and a really big one or no order from me, not some sissy v8 that cheapens the car.

Quick Reply: 2013 Dodge Viper Spy Shots