Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

New Ford Mustang set for world debut

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011 | 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
I like it, front and rear. Don't think it rips off the Camaro either. It stands on its own.

Old 06-12-2011 | 09:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by SpeedRob
I heard it will be about the size of a Fox body car.
That actually sounds awesome.

Old 06-12-2011 | 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ss7
I like it as well, but I think one piece tail light like these would be better

yea, but the 3 step lights are classic mustang

Old 06-12-2011 | 11:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HBdirtbag
All I think about are the ugly 3 piecers from the mid 90s.

I think there is too much space between each light.

Old 06-12-2011 | 05:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by HBdirtbag
Originally Posted by ss7
Okay, the one piece tail light would probably look better.

Last edited by O2Supply; 06-12-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-12-2011 | 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty sure it'll be getting a direct-injection system added to the 5.0L. That engine isn't going anywhere.

Old 06-14-2011 | 06:40 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
mad103 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ss7

Looks nice...but note sure it would look good in real life. I think the 3 piece looks good but maybe just put them closer together. They are signature tails for Mustang, like how Corvettes are 2 round lamps and Ferrari also 1 or 2 round lamps

Old 06-14-2011 | 08:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Not sure about the tails, but direct injection is definitely going into the 5.0. I read somewhere that slots were already drilled into the current 5.0 for direct injection as to make an easy transition.

Old 06-20-2011 | 03:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Super Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond repute
All the artist did was take the Giugiaro concept from a few years back and paint it white.

My opinion:

2014's will get DI and some other goodies. Possibly a twin-turbo or single-turbo GT500. Probably an SVO model so that Ford can boost their fleet average MPG.

Originally Posted by STOPPIE
OHHHHH it would be fun to see a proper Dual-Clutch available for this biatch!!

Or ----------------------------- a PROPER 6 speed m/t for it- at the very least!!
Let's just imagine for a second what IRS and a DCT would do to the price of the Mustang....

Although I do think it would be cool. IRS should be an option, not mandatory. The solid rear axle that's currently in the car is perfectly fine (see the Boss 302 for further information on that). An IRS would just jack up the cost. Ford needs to do something to modernize the styling, though. The Camaro is kicking the living shit out of the Mustang in sales, and it really shouldn't be in my opinion. I don't like to be a fanboy, but I think that the Mustang is a better car, stock for stock. The Camaro is outselling the Mustang thanks to the two and a half hour GM infomercials (your tax dollars at work!) known as the Transformers movies and the dramatic styling. The 2014 model HAS to fix that.

Last edited by Super Six Five; 06-20-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 06-23-2011 | 04:20 PM
Teamspeed Member
SpeedRob is on a distinguished roadSpeedRob is on a distinguished road
Come on, an IRS is not that expensive when produced in large quantities. I'd imagine it adding no more than $500 to the cost of the car - the Camaro and Challenger both have it and they aren't anymore expensive than the Stang.

Also, I believe Ford has already confirmed that the car will look much different than the current car, will shed any hints of retro, and will shrink to about the size of a Fox body.

Using the existing 5.0l, if these comments in fact hold to be true, this will be one truly epic machine. I personally can't wait to see it.

Quick Reply: New Ford Mustang set for world debut