Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Corvette Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 05:31 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 65°V12
You don't think alcantara, white leather, and diamond stitch fabric would get ruined quickly? Corvettes aren't garage babies. I can see people have complaints but at the same time even though Chevy is vastly improving the C7's interior, they really don't need new clientele. I don't expect them to make a wild interior with exotic materials. I expect it to be better designed with a few new materials. I wouldn't be shocked if it had an Alcantara wheel and shifter. The ZL1 and CTS-V's have them so naturally GM's performance heart would have it. Corvettes will always sell because of their customers. They are an extremely loyal bunch, as with Porsche and other sports car manufacturers. They sold 7,500 Vettes in 2009. GM, since the launch of the C6, has improved every single interior. I expect a sporty interior that is well though out, extremely comfortable, and has the essence of Corvette. Also I'm expecting it to be a retro design to go with the rumored split-window.
Maybe the white leather I can see getting dirty easier, but what does the diamond stitching have to do with wear? Alcantara or a nice leather steering wheel whatever pleases you but not a steering wheel from a cobalt please. Plus I don't think the owner was stupid enough to get an interior like this and drive off with his vette from the construction site in his work boots at the end of the day. Are you telling me you'd rock a stock interior over this one? Anyway, I'm pretty eager to see what they come up with for the new C7 corvette, not sure how I feel about the split-window rumor but I'm anticipating the first leak of images.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:23 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by samuel.g
Maybe the white leather I can see getting dirty easier, but what does the diamond stitching have to do with wear? Alcantara or a nice leather steering wheel whatever pleases you but not a steering wheel from a cobalt please. Plus I don't think the owner was stupid enough to get an interior like this and drive off with his vette from the construction site in his work boots at the end of the day. Are you telling me you'd rock a stock interior over this one? Anyway, I'm pretty eager to see what they come up with for the new C7 corvette, not sure how I feel about the split-window rumor but I'm anticipating the first leak of images.
It wears faster.

It's a standard cookie cutter wheel. Whatever GM needs a wheel for they put that on. It's already been revised, in terms of materials.

The Carravagio interior, sans wheel and seats, is essentially a 3LZ interior. You can get that from the dealer easy. In fact the majority of ZO6's and ZR1's come from the factory with it. Throw some new seats in and a different wheel and you basically have a Carravagio. The new Vettes even have an Alcantara wheels, seat inserts, and shifter

I'm not trying to be a dick at all. I like having a constructive conversation. I hope you don't feel like I'm attacking you, because I'm not.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:27 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
I see this as a constructive conversation as well, don't feel like you're attacking me at all. I love vettes to the bone, hope to own one a few years down the road from now. Have you read about all the LS7 valve failures on different corvette forums?

Old 11-01-2011, 07:39 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by samuel.g
I see this as a constructive conversation as well, don't feel like you're attacking me at all. I love vettes to the bone, hope to own one a few years down the road from now. Have you read about all the LS7 valve failures on different corvette forums?
Yes to a degree. The initial run of ZO6's were having rocker arm clearance problems which dropped the valves. The problem mainly involved exhaust valves, from the reports I have seen. GM changed valve suppliers in the middle of 2007 I believe. I know a few guys who track the crap out of their ZO6 and haven't had one issue. It's just one of the shitty rare scenarios that happened to a lot of guys. Some people just think, "Let's drop in some new cams." That ratio of aftermarket cams to stock valve failure is staggering. When you really think about it, this is the most advanced engine General Motors has ever produced. I still believe it's a more advanced engine the LS9. The torque and hp curve on an LS7 is a work of art. A truly street legal racing engine.

Last edited by 65°V12; 11-01-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Geared is infamous around these partsGeared is infamous around these partsGeared is infamous around these partsGeared is infamous around these partsGeared is infamous around these partsGeared is infamous around these partsGeared is infamous around these partsGeared is infamous around these parts
i agree with all except that corvette doesnt need new clientele - all businesses need and strive for new clientele - especially one that just got a big bail out.

Production numbers for the higher echelon models have taken a HUGE hit. While this is primarily bc of the economy....with the price pushing 100,000 on a c6 z06 carbon edition....they simply need to have an option to upgrade the interior to attract the Porsche, Ferrari guys etc.....They have exceeded the bar when it comes to styling, performance - both engine, and braking/suspension etc....to a point where they have the eyes and ears of people that never would have considered a Vette in the past. Now they need to leverage the attention they have of this newly attracted group (that buys MORE cars on a MORE regular basis - which means more $$$$$$$$)by expanding on options that appeal to them - more paint colors, more interior options/upgrades etc.

I am not BY any means talking down the corvette interior - I freaking own one for god sakes - but in all reality if they are looking to take this brand, this car etc to the next level - they should expand on their option base (which they can get great % returns on)

thats my 2 cents. I too love constructive debates :-)

FWIW:
z06 production:
2006 - 6272
2007 -8159
2008 - 7731
2009 - 3461
2010 - 518

Last edited by Geared; 11-01-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
It's too late in the cycle of the current Vettes to redesign the interior. The C7 is being developed, and from what I've read myself, and from what Jeff has told me, it's going to be an animal, with an improved interior. Just take the C6 range for what it is, a performance monster that can be had for a steal. I will own a C6 Z06 one day. I've said that since I first saw it. Freakin' work of art with a badass engine, and a noise that makes me weak in the knees.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
06C6Z06 is on a distinguished road06C6Z06 is on a distinguished road
Geared hit it on the head. And I own one too. My daily is an ML63 AMG and there's something to be said about getting into an interior put together with the materials that a company like MB uses...real dyed-through leather (not glorified vinyl thats painted), real wood and metal. The fit, finish and feel...even the smell. I put roughly 800 miles on my Z06 each year, and its babied in every way possible. Despite this, its disappointing to see how certain surfaces have worn. I've considered upgrading to a 911 turbo for this very reason. I understand how much money I saved over a comparable 911. But like Geared said, to attract new buyers, they have to do what they've never done. I've worked in one of the nations highest volume Chevrolet dealers for 15 years and I have to say, our product has come light years in materials, quality and craftsmanship. Let's hope the C7 continues this and addresses the few issues that drew criticism with the C6.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:52 PM
This won't end well
800 miles and it's worn? That's odd. We have 20,000 on ours and the interior still looks brand new.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
oy...this is a picture thread...less talking more PICTURES lol

Old 11-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by McRae
oy...this is a picture thread...less talking more PICTURES lol
Yes sir!!

Quick Reply: Corvette Picture Thread