Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

The Ford GT Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by burnzie
A car can still be user-friendly without being idiot-proof.
Burnzie's got it. And JDM, it's like a rule with ANY high HP car to not drive aggressive on cold tires. With the supercharger and a TON of torque, even though it's got REALLY long gears, punch it and you'll be spinning the tires. Yeah, it'll bite then, but if the tires are warm, it's a dream to drive. VERY progressive, you can feel the tires limits, the suspension lets you know exactly what's going on, the smoothest transmission I've ever felt (and I've got the short shifter as well) and the steering is SO responsive. If you want to play boy racer, you can float the back end at literally anything through 3rd gear shifts, but with an educated right foot, you can launch as hard as you want.

Traction control and computer aids don't save you. Not always. They might keep you on the road, then again, I've seen pics of cars WITH those aids that are still all balled up. Like anything, drive it dumb and it'll kill you, but respect it and you can drive it as hard as you want.

Plus, and this is NOT intended as any disrespect to anyone that has a Ferrari, Lambo or Porsche (and I know since I've got one of those and reguarly drive with guys with the others), unlike all those cars, EVERYONE loves the GT. It's not like the others where some people love em and others hate or disabuse them, genuinely all I get are thumbs up. Little old ladies, old guys, car guys, hot girls, heck, even little kids. And it sounds amazing, especially with an exhaust but even moreso with headers. I've said it before, I've got a few cars that I love, but my GT will never be sold, and my kids will have to peel my cold dead hands from the wheel before it's theirs. LOL. It's a great car, if you have the chance to experience one, REALLY experience one, not just a slow crawl around the block, you'll understand.

Anyway, not dissing yours or anyones opinion. I LOVE the GT. There's a lot of truly fantastic cars out there. And there's SO many others I'd like to own also. But that's "also", not "instead of". It's absolutely my favorite car.

Originally Posted by JDM135
Really IIVVX? You think it's a very user friendly car? That's odd you say that because there are a lot of very low mileaged Ford GT's that have been wrecked/crashed. The car doesn't have traction control or the computer aids like other exotics. A lot of the GT owners say to becareful when first driving the car. And never to "punch it" to test how much power the car has lol. Plus, it's like a rule to never drive aggressive on cold tires or it will end in a disaster.

Last edited by Superfly; 05-04-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond repute
Lol. That is 110% true. I guess a lot of idiots love the GT? Check out wreckedexotics.com, HUGE list of GT's wrecked lol. But I guess, people always find a way to do the impossible.

Originally Posted by Superfly
Burnzie's got it. And JDM, it's like a rule with ANY high HP car to not drive aggressive on cold tires. With the supercharger and a TON of torque, even though it's got REALLY long gears, punch it and you'll be spinning the tires. Yeah, it'll bite then, but if the tires are warm, it's a dream to drive. VERY progressive, you can feel the tires limits, the suspension lets you know exactly what's going on, the smoothest transmission I've ever felt (and I've got the short shifter as well) and the steering is SO responsive. If you want to play boy racer, you can float the back end at literally anything through 3rd gear shifts, but with an educated right foot, you can launch as hard as you want.

Traction control and computer aids don't save you. Not always. They might keep you on the road, then again, I've seen pics of cars WITH those aids that are still all balled up. Like anything, drive it dumb and it'll kill you, but respect it and you can drive it as hard as you want.

Plus, and this is NOT intended as any disrespect to anyone that has a Ferrari, Lambo or Porsche (and I know since I've got one of those and reguarly drive with guys with the others), unlike all those cars, EVERYONE loves the GT. It's not like the others where some people love em and others hate or disabuse them, genuinely all I get are thumbs up. Little old ladies, old guys, car guys, hot girls, heck, even little kids. And it sounds amazing, especially with an exhaust but even moreso with headers. I've said it before, I've got a few cars that I love, but my GT will never be sold, and my kids will have to peel my cold dead hands from the wheel before it's theirs. LOL. It's a great car, if you have the chance to experience one, REALLY experience one, not just a slow crawl around the block, you'll understand.

Anyway, not dissing yours or anyones opinion. I LOVE the GT. There's a lot of truly fantastic cars out there. And there's SO many others I'd like to own also. But that's "also", not "instead of". It's absolutely my favorite car.
I understand how you feel. I'm pretty sure I've seen you on the FordGT forum too. If I had to pick any car to have, realistically, the GT would be #1 before any other car. Almost every owner of the GT keeps complimenting it day after day. Plenty of people have 2-3 GT's haha. And many people say they can't find a better car in the looks, ride, speed, handling, etc. I agree.

Enjoy your car Superfly. I hope some day to join for the Ford GT club with one of my own. I hate to see all these wrecked GT's though.
John

Old 05-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
It just requires the user to not be an idiot.

Last edited by Alzilla; 05-04-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:21 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Really IIVVX? You think it's a very user friendly car? That's odd you say that because there are a lot of very low mileaged Ford GT's that have been wrecked/crashed. The car doesn't have traction control or the computer aids like other exotics. A lot of the GT owners say to becareful when first driving the car. And never to "punch it" to test how much power the car has lol. Plus, it's like a rule to never drive aggressive on cold tires or it will end in a disaster.
yes sir.

in my experience it was extremely user friendly, its transitory state is sublime. as i said earlier, it has to be experienced to be understood. if you respect it (as you would any 500+hp car) it will never let you down, no surprises, no bite. how many cars in that power bracket can make this claim? the thing is, if a car is sorted from the factory, you don't need TC. you don't really ever need TC in any car imo but especially in something that's chassis dynamics have been honed properly. TC is for emergency's only, and you've got to almost deliberately get it wrong in the GT to upset it to that degree.

now, you will certainly see a bunch of them wrecked. that's true of any supercar, especially one with a mid-engined layout, lack of driver aids, and the torque this car has. i think the "more money than skill" tag applies here, this isn't a car to show off in, its a car to savor, and too many purchase cars of this caliber to chiefly do the former. this car is certainly no CGT, which requires above average skill and effort to drive anywhere near its limit. the GT's performance envelope is big enough that most people can access and enjoy it thoroughly, that's a big part of what makes it so special. some cars are only fun at maximum attack and some, like the GT, never fail to impress at any speed.

regardless, its a supremely talented machine. you almost run out of superlatives and i rarely gush over anything. every time ive driven one ive gotten out thinking "fvck, i need one of these". i can count on one hand cars that have had a similar effect. it has all the ingredients i want in a car; power, poise, dynamics, 6 speed gearbox, comfort, and looks.

as soon as im settled back in a first world country

Old 05-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond repute
Haha, I see. I agree money can't buy skill. I guess the GT is an awesome car if you respect it, but if you act like an idiot, it will bite your head off.

As sad as this is, living in CA, I've actually only seen a Ford GT in a persons garage on a lift. I've never seen one in person on the road. Definitely haven't gotten a ride or driven it either. I hope to some day. It's hands down, one of my favorite, if not most favorite car currently.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Haha, I see. I agree money can't buy skill. I guess the GT is an awesome car if you respect it, but if you act like an idiot, it will bite your head off.

As sad as this is, living in CA, I've actually only seen a Ford GT in a persons garage on a lift. I've never seen one in person on the road. Definitely haven't gotten a ride or driven it either. I hope to some day. It's hands down, one of my favorite, if not most favorite car currently.
The plethora of wrecked cars is a testament to the idiocy of the drivers. I don't know if people don't know how to drive or have just forgotten how to do so. Or if they get stupid trying to show off.

For someone who has experience in 475hp+ muscle cars (I learned how to do a burnout in a 67 Corvette in my driveway at 15yrs old), prior to the electronics, something like the GT isn't scary in the least. You have to know wtf your doing. Would I be frightened if I was driving one with a pulley, rune and exhaust? Not really but I'd be more careful. Plus as it's been mentioned the power band is very wide - haven't driven one but have driven the 5.4L SC V8 in a few different rides ranging from the GT500 to a worked over Lightning. Something like the Carrera GT is way scarier in my opinion, and I do have limited wheel time in one of those. That thing will bite your head off.

The FGT has a shit ton of power but if someone has a sense they should be able to figure it out.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
daveoflogic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!daveoflogic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!daveoflogic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!daveoflogic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!daveoflogic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!daveoflogic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!daveoflogic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!daveoflogic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!daveoflogic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!daveoflogic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!daveoflogic You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!

Ford GT by daveoflogic, on Flickr

Ford GT's by daveoflogic, on Flickr

Last edited by daveoflogic; 05-05-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by cstroked
The plethora of wrecked cars is a testament to the idiocy of the drivers. I don't know if people don't know how to drive or have just forgotten how to do so. Or if they get stupid trying to show off.

For someone who has experience in 475hp+ muscle cars (I learned how to do a burnout in a 67 Corvette in my driveway at 15yrs old), prior to the electronics, something like the GT isn't scary in the least. You have to know wtf your doing. Would I be frightened if I was driving one with a pulley, rune and exhaust? Not really but I'd be more careful. Plus as it's been mentioned the power band is very wide - haven't driven one but have driven the 5.4L SC V8 in a few different rides ranging from the GT500 to a worked over Lightning. Something like the Carrera GT is way scarier in my opinion, and I do have limited wheel time in one of those. That thing will bite your head off.

The FGT has a shit ton of power but if someone has a sense they should be able to figure it out.
That's true. People say the FGT is aggressive, but if you respect it it's the best car. I guess it just means don't be an idiot. I've ridden in a CGT, my neighbor had one, but recently sold it . That thing felt like we were driving on an icy road. The car just wants to slide around and go crazy. And driving it around locally is a pita. But wow that sound is amazing. Never experienced anything like it.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:46 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
I finished my Ford GT painting today. It's a modern-esque painting. I edited it and removed the numbers. Tell me what you think.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Looks great! I like it a lot. But I think the front wheel is slightly out of proportion, little too small.

Quick Reply: The Ford GT Picture Thread