Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

The Ford GT Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 11:00 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by burnzie
Simply amazing. Who in their right mind would take any of one of the new hyper-cars such as the 458 or MP4-12C over this?
rep

not even considering all the performance aspects this car has one crucial ingredient all these new playstation supercars lack...character.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:04 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
I wonder how they got these doors to work?
YouTube - 2005-06 Ford GT Vertical Door Kits

obviously gay but in this application its actually practical, the GT's doors open pretty wide. still retarded.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:15 PM
FIGJAM
Old 05-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-03-2011, 11:28 PM
FIGJAM
^ thanks, dunno why i didnt post any vids earlier

Old 05-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
^ thanks, dunno why i didnt post any vids earlier
Yeah the the full scene of the first one had been shortened and said I had to buy to see the whole thing. IIRC they end up getting off the freeway and hiding behind some Harley dealer.

Check out the side profile!

Old 05-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
So, for those of you who've actually driven the Ford GT, how does it compare to other modern sports/supercars? Is it fairly user friendly or does it have a tendency to bite somewhat ham-fisted users at the limit? I've heard that it's fairly comfortable for just cruising about.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:10 PM
FIGJAM
in my estimation it is extremely user friendly. it has a vast, tractable powerband and really benign handling characteristics. its an immensely accessible car for what it is, i was a bit apprehensive at first but the more i pushed the more it surprised. its a mega car and im not easily impressed. the on limit transition from grip to slip was so progressive i reckon a granny could drive one at 8/10ths. its a hugely impressive car in many respects but the crown jewel is its driving experience, i honestly consider it a dynamic masterclass and did not expect ford to have the wherewithal to concoct such a vehicle. the balance of aggression, power, handling, and comfort has yet to be beaten in anything ive driven since. then when you consider the looks inside & out you can see why i believe this car to be a cut above anything in its price range (and in my estimation quite a few cars above). it also had a character, a soul if you will, that is just rare. when you drive one you feel as if it is a powerful ally in your quest to devastate the roadways, in too many other "supercars" i felt as if i was fighting the car just as much as i was fighting the circuit/road. its a faithful companion that telegraphs its every move and simply does not bite which is rare in the realm of supercars. beg, borrow, or steal your way into the drivers seat and you will see what i mean.

epic car in every respect.

edit: almost forgot it was the eCoty 2005 winner so it seems im not the only one who feels this way.

Last edited by IIVVX; 05-04-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond repute
Really IIVVX? You think it's a very user friendly car? That's odd you say that because there are a lot of very low mileaged Ford GT's that have been wrecked/crashed. The car doesn't have traction control or the computer aids like other exotics. A lot of the GT owners say to becareful when first driving the car. And never to "punch it" to test how much power the car has lol. Plus, it's like a rule to never drive aggressive on cold tires or it will end in a disaster.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by JDM135
Really IIVVX? You think it's a very user friendly car? That's odd you say that because there are a lot of very low mileaged Ford GT's that have been wrecked/crashed. The car doesn't have traction control or the computer aids like other exotics. A lot of the GT owners say to becareful when first driving the car. And never to "punch it" to test how much power the car has lol. Plus, it's like a rule to never drive aggressive on cold tires or it will end in a disaster.
A car can still be user-friendly without being idiot-proof.

Quick Reply: The Ford GT Picture Thread