Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Rated at 638 hp

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jim Bacus
The thing I really wonder about is Chevy dealerships performing service on 100+k cars. People expect a different caliber of service on a car in that price range.

have you seen the stuff some of the high end dealers have done to cars?

Old 04-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carendt242
you wouldn't want a Cavalier as a loaner?

- chuck
Ironically one of our investors just took her 997S to the local porsche dealer and they gave her an aveo as her loaner...she was livid

Old 04-25-2008, 05:51 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by teh_ginger
I would buy the Vette...Z06 or ZR1...any day of the week over the GT-R. I can get it in a manual, it's lighter, it's RWD...it's sexy as hell....it's a true sports car. The GT-R is for geeks and number crunchin whores. I can honestly care less about a few seconds on a track...when I'm wasting a GT-R on the highway, it'll give me all the satisfaction I need. If you don't know how to have fun on a track in either Vette, something is wrong with you, regardless of your lap time. In fact, I'd reckon you'd have 5x more fun in the Vette than in the Nissan, because unlike with the GT-R, the Vette actually challenges you to be a better driver.

And I REALLY don't think GM is going to release the ZR1 if it doesn't completely demolish the base Z06 in every single way...unless of course it's going to be like Porsche's Turbo is to the GT3. But I don't think that's the case.
I would do the same and get a Corvette, I like V8's and would prefer it to the engine in the Z. Im not sure if I like turbo'd cars as I've never owned one, however having a supercharged car now I assume with small boltons the ZR1 would be extremely scary and would require skill to handle it over a tight course given its traction issues in stock form.