Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

First 2009 GT500KRs roll out of Shelby Automotive

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by HBdirtbag
just like you'd think the new ZR1 would be lighter then the Z06.

Reality is, cars are getting heavier and heavier. Just look at the 997TT's. We all want "creature comforts" and "safety features" and they all add a significant amount of weight. The days of getting a sports car under 3,000 lbs are gone (there are a few very very unique exceptions).
Yup, all I can think of that is an actual car (not an Atom) is the new Ferrari 430 Scuderia. It is just a tad over 3000 pounds. I miss the days of the 2700 pound F40!

Old 04-24-2008, 11:13 PM
MGM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond repute
What the hell happened to the 20" alcoa's that the pre-production cars had on them. Those 18" copies look like ass.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:14 PM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
ss7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SSNISTR
Yup, all I can think of that is an actual car (not an Atom) is the new Ferrari 430 Scuderia. It is just a tad over 3000 pounds. I miss the days of the 2700 pound F40!
Mosler is where its at!!!

Just under 2600lbs!

Old 04-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SSNISTR

i'm actually amazed civics are still as light as they are, around 2700 lbs

the Z06 isn't bad at 3200 lbs

Old 04-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by MGM
What the hell happened to the 20" alcoa's that the pre-production cars had on them. Those 18" copies look like ass.
Just noticed that!