Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Anyone got the 2011 5.0 Mustang yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud of
Old 08-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
If you can do the ZO6 then dont look at the Mustang...
The Vette drives like a dream on and off the track, but forget real luggage space and the friends in the back.

I am a Porsche kinda guy but owning a 911 in the states I know nothing about but I will assume its more economical to own an American car in America. My Viper was not expensive to maintain but cost an arm and half a leg to insure!!!

All in all, a young couple, you being into performance cars and having done the Ring a few time and many races etc... I say go for a Vette and rent a car whenever friends and family fly to visit

Old 08-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Montana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond repute
We are gonna have a truck as well. So the carrying people/stuff/bugging out when Hurricanes hit is covered.

This car will be my daily driver and fun car in one.

Oddly, since I started looking about 3-4 months back, the Z06s have risen in value!

Old 08-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by Montana
We are gonna have a truck as well. So the carrying people/stuff/bugging out when Hurricanes hit is covered.

This car will be my daily driver and fun car in one.

Oddly, since I started looking about 3-4 months back, the Z06s have risen in value!
You're going to be in TX right? I think the Z06 would do well for you. But, a new 5.0 is probably cheaper. If you do the Z06 go 07 or newer. As I recall they revised the rear suspension which made the car easier to get off the line/not as skittish.

In any event, as to the last line of your post, I am not surprised. Between 1/09 and 8/09 there was a huge swing in values on 997TT's on the wholesale side. As people "feel" that the economy is improving, prices rise. I know 3/1/10 was almost like someone flipped a switch and used car prices went through the roof. Many mfgs have cut production which has caused this as well - I know of some new Audi dealers in larger metropolitan areas with only 10 new cars to sell - talk about a production cut.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud of
700 whp viper > than Z06...

OR you could get the Z06 and a Viper truck.
That would be possibly even cooler!

Old 08-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Montana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond repute
That Viper is suspiciously cheap.

Irregardless, I'm not middle aged or bald, so I'm not sure I am actually allowed to buy a Viper.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute

Irregardless, I'm not middle aged or bald, so I'm not sure I am actually allowed to buy a Viper.
HAHA... Most would make the same comment about a Vette drive (even though Z06 is amazing), the avg viewer will just think "mid-life crisis"....

Old 08-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member

In real life the Viper owners I've seen have been younger, and lots of asians especially. haha The new BMW?

But no, that's a fairly good deal. It's not THAT low.
A few'04 and up vipers are usually under 40... And 90's models below 30!

Old 08-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
The issue with the earlier Vipers is that you cannot keep them stable at higher speeds. I understand the first gen GTS coupe was better than the R/T 10. When my brother was still teaching racing schools, he instructed a Viper school.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:41 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JamesCaton
In real life the Viper owners I've seen have been younger, and lots of asians especially. haha The new BMW?

But no, that's a fairly good deal. It's not THAT low.
A few'04 and up vipers are usually under 40... And 90's models below 30!
There is a reason why vipers of those years haven't held their value, just like a 996 anything.

The nice thing about getting the stang, is it will be a new car. You don't have to worry about hidden problems, unknown abuse, etc..... Than again it is your money. All of your choices are great when it comes to performance, and they each have their own driving characteristics.

Quick Reply: Anyone got the 2011 5.0 Mustang yet?