Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Drag racing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 01:16 PM
ddk
Teamspeed Junior Member
ddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished road
Could I get an explanation of what Im seeing in that mustangs engine bay?

Looks like a turbine, what and where can I get one? hah

Old 05-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SINISTR
I hope you mean a 350, a 351 is a Ford motor.
We can round to 5.7L all day.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
COOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really nice
Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
Great shots! Brings back memories.

That blown tan fox body is nice and clean.

Here's a couple of shots of my 98 Z28.

Bangin' the gears.

Street trim.

Mods:

Texas Speed CAI
Ported MAF
Ported Stock TB
LS6 Intake
Agostino heads & cam 11.5:1 comp
Under drive pulley
Grottyohann headers
Cartek clutch w/ adj. slave
D&D built T56
B&M short throw
Custom 4" Steel drive shaft
Moser 12 bolt/ 4:10
BMR stock length Torque arm
BMR Panhard bar
Hal/QA1s up front
Lake wood LCAs
Weld Drag Lites
Hoosier 26" slicks
M/T skinnies
HP Motorsport sub frame connectors

Dyno: 405 RWHP 370 RWTQ

Best 1/4 mile time: 11.52 @ 121 MPH

Race weight 3800lbs no cage, full interior and all accessories.

This was back in 2001. I sold her in 2005, sometimes I wish I would have kept it.

That's what I'm talking about. Very nice ride.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud of
Oddly enough I've only drag raced miatas. Our big turbo car went 10.9@132mph, which was about all it could do factoring in gears and tires.

In the 8th, our small turbo autocross car managed mid 7's, I dont recall the mph.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud of
Cookie, you don't happen to know Rob Raymer do ya?

Old 08-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Former Sponsor
Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Old 09-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
COOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really niceCOOKIE MONSTER is just really nice
The Evo is very impressive. I like to hear people rowing gear into the 8s. Have you guys thought about putting an auto in it?

Old 09-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
A pic of my Trans Am a few weeks back...

Old 01-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
AMBER is a name known to allAMBER is a name known to allAMBER is a name known to allAMBER is a name known to allAMBER is a name known to allAMBER is a name known to allAMBER is a name known to allAMBER is a name known to allAMBER is a name known to allAMBER is a name known to allAMBER is a name known to all
Old 01-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ddk
Could I get an explanation of what Im seeing in that mustangs engine bay?

Looks like a turbine, what and where can I get one? hah
That's one massive turbo for sure. Looks like it routes into the passenger compartment for the intercooler then back into the engine bay where it enters the intake plenum from up top.