Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Uh oh, my S4 Avant 6 speed should be worried

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SINISTR
Obviously he hasn't.
I have, and I posted a review.

Basically, it is still behind the B7 Audi in terms of interior quality and worksmanship.

Look at the door sill when you open the door of the new CTSV for example, and compare that to ANY Audio, BMW, or Porsche. Still no comparison.

Look at the trunk also, and there is no comparison between the new CTSV and my S4 Avant in terms of material and design. I mean, it's the same damn trunk mat that doesn't fold properly that one finds in rental Impala.

The leather is still not as nice as the leather in the B7 Audi, the E46 M3's, or even 996 Turbo/GT2.

The really sad thing is, GM could use a better supplier for these things and it would still be way cheaper than what the Germans charge for similar cars with same HP.

But they didn't.

It's this final step that GM needs to take to make their cars to be thought of by potential buyers as on par.

And yes, I do like the idea of a CTSV wagon with a real transmission and engine with good power, but I guess we will just have to see what the Germans can come up with then.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
I was never really impressed by the AC in any of my German cars, BMW's, P cars, Audi's. Not compare to your garden variety rental Impala even!

It's one of those things, Germans don't care about AC or cupholders, hence they continue to suck, even on cars like the 996 GT2 that had a sticker of 200K USD.
Just like it should be.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
I was never really impressed by the AC in any of my German cars, BMW's, P cars, Audi's. Not compare to your garden variety rental Impala even!

It's one of those things, Germans don't care about AC or cupholders, hence they continue to suck, even on cars like the 996 GT2 that had a sticker of 200K USD.
Everyone knows the 996 is the redheaded step child of Porsche Stuka!

j/k!

All kidding aside the cup-holders work exceptionally well in the 997. But even still, who the HELL is drinking anything in GT2?!! Thats what the paddock is for!!!!

And even further to the point- if all you have to complain about on a car is cup-holders, I'd say the car company did a great job.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Derek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Craigger
Have you sat in the new gen CTS/V's?

And yes, V-8 Manual wagons are amazing. We've been searching for a 540iT/Msport/6 in decent condition for about a year with no luck.

You can't find one, because they don't exist (in the US).
I have a 540IT M Sport, they produced 85 per year, all steptronic.
There are conversion cars out there however, but I can not speak to their quality.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
All kidding aside the cup-holders work exceptionally well in the 997. But even still, who the HELL is drinking anything in GT2?!! Thats what the paddock is for!!!!
Oh I know, besides, since the GT2 trunk is not insulated either to save weight, you can't grocery shop in it either. All the interesting "features" that you find out when you DD the car to go to work, grocery shop, stopping at In N out, etc, and etc.

Originally Posted by STOPPIE
And even further to the point- if all you have to complain about on a car is cup-holders, I'd say the car company did a great job.
The point is, even on a car with no trunk insulation, etc, you CAN still use good materials in the trunk, door sills, plastic in the car, etc.

How expensive can those things possibly be? It's not like the CTSV is a 40K car anyway. Just price it in.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I know I'd take a CTS-V over a S4 Avant any day.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Derek@MartinoAutoConcepts
You can't find one, because they don't exist (in the US).
I have a 540IT M Sport, they produced 85 per year, all steptronic.
There are conversion cars out there however, but I can not speak to their quality.
I know it was 69 in '03.

I'd accept a re-bodied , or transmission converted one if eeverything checked out no problem.

Either than or just settle for a 740i and toss in a 6speed....

Old 03-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
my great dane would shit himself if he got in the back of a cts-v wagon and i floored it. i might have to trade in the diesel wagon for something fun...

Old 03-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
It's still a Cadillac. Give me an S4 Avant any day.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
it may just be a cadillac, but i dont see many germans in the usa doing it faster.

audi sure is a nice wagon, but awd in FL is pretty useless.

Quick Reply: Uh oh, my S4 Avant 6 speed should be worried