Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Official Corvette C6.R GT2 images follow day of testing at Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 11:58 AM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
ss7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond repute
Car looks great, I think paint scheme is a bit too busy for my taste, I loved all yellow and black rear they had back in days. And is that a new driver, Antonio Garcia? Haven't seen him on their team before.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Did they drop down a class? If so, why?

Old 02-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by cstroked
Did they drop down a class? If so, why?
GT1 is basically no more. GT2 is where it's at.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Ah. Got it, thanks. Too bad, I liked the 7L cars... Wonder if the 5.5L will sound as nasty

Old 02-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by cstroked
Ah. Got it, thanks. Too bad, I liked the 7L cars... Wonder if the 5.5L will sound as nasty
I've heard the 7.0 liters in action, they are nasty. The new 5.5 liter I have heard on video, I gotta admit....it sounds pretty close.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
It looks great, but I miss the even lower and wider profile of their GT1 cars...

Where does the 5.5L engine come from? I would've thought they'd be running a 6 or 7 liter engine since that's what the base and Z06 cars have, respectively.
I think the GT2 is based off the ZR1 while the GT1 was based off the Z06, and yeah i miss those beasts too. But i gotta admit im disappointed GM never went overseas to compete in the stacked GT1 class of the FIA GT.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
I think the GT2 is based off the ZR1 while the GT1 was based off the Z06, and yeah i miss those beasts too. But i gotta admit im disappointed GM never went overseas to compete in the stacked GT1 class of the FIA GT.
The GT1 cars are really based off of nothing. They were 90% custom. The GT2 cars actually use many ZR1 parts.

As for FIA GT, if I recall Calloway did start making customer cars, but GM concentrates on the market the car sells most in.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
shifter77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome pics. GO GT2 sebring.