Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Official Corvette C6.R GT2 images follow day of testing at Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 03:23 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Official Corvette C6.R GT2 images follow day of testing at Sebring

"This year's Corvette racer, the C6.R headed to the GT class in ALMS and at Le Mans, has had a slow reveal. First its heart was unleashed, the production-derived 5.5-liter V8, then its livery stopped to pose. Now the car has been caught doing what it hopes to do best this year, heating up the tarmac at Sebring International Raceway."
From Autoblog.com

Old 02-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
It looks great, but I miss the even lower and wider profile of their GT1 cars...

Where does the 5.5L engine come from? I would've thought they'd be running a 6 or 7 liter engine since that's what the base and Z06 cars have, respectively.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond repute
Richard Prince is a photography god.

Corvette is definitely one of my favorite racing cars. You know EXACTLY when they are coming around a corner. They have such a beefy unique note.

I'm counting down the days until I'll be photographing the Sebring Winter Testing on Tuesday!

Old 02-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
speedwheeler1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great pics! Thanks.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
fat_cole is on a distinguished roadfat_cole is on a distinguished road
I'm diggin' the rear mounted radiator.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris G
Richard Prince is a photography god.
What about these pictures make him a god? I'm not familiar with his photography but judging from these pictures there's nothing that makes me go "wow"

Old 02-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Alzilla
It looks great, but I miss the even lower and wider profile of their GT1 cars...

Where does the 5.5L engine come from? I would've thought they'd be running a 6 or 7 liter engine since that's what the base and Z06 cars have, respectively.
I don't think the new car is much less wide to be honest.

As for engine size, that wasn't a choice, class rules. It is a de-stroked LSx.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Stephan
What about these pictures make him a god? I'm not familiar with his photography but judging from these pictures there's nothing that makes me go "wow"
Check out his personal website.

He's the official photographer for the Le Mans Corvette Racing team. He has one hell of a portfolio to say the least.

He was definitely one of the catalysts that got me started in photography to begin with.

The photos above may not be crazy or mind-boggling but there's also a lot of instances where teams or affiliations you are working for don't want anything super crazy (creative) and just want promo work aka boring / cut and dry photos to have for stock to get out to the media immediately of their product.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
yes yes yes love it. great pictures

Old 02-20-2010, 05:58 AM
Teamspeed Member
zo6 maniac has a spectacular aura aboutzo6 maniac has a spectacular aura aboutzo6 maniac has a spectacular aura aboutzo6 maniac has a spectacular aura aboutzo6 maniac has a spectacular aura aboutzo6 maniac has a spectacular aura aboutzo6 maniac has a spectacular aura aboutzo6 maniac has a spectacular aura aboutzo6 maniac has a spectacular aura aboutzo6 maniac has a spectacular aura aboutzo6 maniac has a spectacular aura about
wow its just brilliant........

Quick Reply: Official Corvette C6.R GT2 images follow day of testing at Sebring