Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Official: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Info and Pics

Old 12-28-2009, 01:39 AM
Banned
St00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura about
Official: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Info and Pics

I think all the info on this car has pretty much already been spilled, but if you want the nitty gritty info (and engine pics) here's what you've been waiting for:

Official: 2011 Mustang GT Debuts With 412-hp, 5.0-Liter V8 : Auto News

It’s official: after several broken embargoes, Ford has officially released all the details on the new 2011 Mustang GT. The return of the 5.0-liter brings with it 412-hp at 6500 rpm and 390 ft-lbs of torque at 4250 rpm, a far cry from the 175-hp 302 cubic inch motor found in the 1983 model.

The new engine is an all aluminum unit with four valves per cylinder and dual overhead cams and gets Ti-VCT variable independent timing on both the intake and exhaust cams. Along with all that power, the 2011 GT model also (finally) gets a six-speed manual transmission or six-speed automatic. Not only does this allow for improved performance, but also fuel economy with Ford claiming a four to five percent increase in that department for an estimated 25 mpg on the highway and 17 mpg in the city, up from 23/17 on the current GT automatic model. Manual transmission models will get 24/16 mpg (highway/city)

Other engine highlights include a forged steel crankshaft and high-flow headers that Ford claims are what enthusiasts have always wanted.

Additional vehicle highlights include electric power steering, 11.5-inch front and 11.8-inch rear brakes, as well as a grade-assist feature that will hold the car momentarily when accelerating away from a stop on a hill. Added improvements were made to the rear lower control arms for improved stiffness and more direct handling, a stiffer rear sway bar delivers better on-center steering, while the spring and shock rates have been adjusted for optimal performance.

A Performance Package will include 14-inch Brembo front brake disks from the Shelby GT500 as well as special 19-inch wheels and high performance summer tires.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Sure has come a long way since the '88 GT 5.0 I had when I was in school, which I think had like 245hp and rear drum brakes.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:34 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Thats great power for the price, I also think that next year they will increase the hp figure of the Shelby GT500.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Ford has moved up in a big way! Finally they built a real challenger to the Camaro!

Old 12-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
now if only they could improve the looks. i really think Ford took a step backwards with the current model. i had no problems with the previous model.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Top picture makes that car look like absolute sh*t. Keep the engine; fvck the body. Give me an original, fresh design in the Mustang please.

FFS can we do with out the 'retro look'?

Old 12-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Top picture makes that car look like absolute sh*t. Keep the engine; fvck the body. Give me an original, fresh design in the Mustang please.
Agree, I think the small rear side window makes the car look like a matchbox. Really don't like the new Mustang bodies.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Rollin in my five-point-oh...

Old 12-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
avalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant future
I hope it can be bored over for more cubes...I dislike the fact that my modular 2v can't be transformed into a 400+ cubed monster X-( *nothing the turbo can't solve...but still*

I'm glad Ford is finally stepping up the cubes/power in these cars

Old 12-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
Sure has come a long way since the '88 GT 5.0 I had when I was in school, which I think had like 245hp and rear drum brakes.
225 hp, and discs were an option LOL.

I had a '88 LX 5.0 back in the day.

Biggest issue with the new car is weight, my old LX weighed about 3000 pounds. The new ones are gonna be like 3600ish they say....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Info and Pics