Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Our California Vacation (LOTS of Ford GT content)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Superfly
Hey Craig, watching the Masters giving you the golf itch too? Some buddies and I are heading to Florida at the end of the week for a bit of golfing. Back just before month end. Anytime after that, come on out. You'll be more than welcome. The cars will be out by then too!
You bet buddy - plus walking by St. Georges G&CC every morning seeing the crews get the course in shape for opening sometime in the next 2 weeks might be part of the problem as well!

Old 04-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLC4S
Is the grey GT a California car? If so, does the owner have a Viper and some classic american muscle as well?

A LOT of FGT guys also own Vipers and various classic muscle. We were accompanied by not less than 4 different Tungsten GT's at points on this trip, all California cars. But none of those guys also had a Viper. There's a local to me Tungsten owner that does have one, but to get to your point, that particular Tungsten IS a Cali car, but that particular owner does not count a Viper among his stable,..................yet.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
A LOT of FGT guys also own Vipers and various classic muscle. We were accompanied by not less than 4 different Tungsten GT's at points on this trip, all California cars. But none of those guys also had a Viper. There's a local to me Tungsten owner that does have one, but to get to your point, that particular Tungsten IS a Cali car, but that particular owner does not count a Viper among his stable,..................yet.
got it... had dinner the other night at a guy's house, he drives a Mini as his daily and we walk into his garage and he has an electric green Viper GTS, The Tungsten GT, and one of the most beautiful old stang's I've ever seen. Both the stang and the GT were autographed by Carrol shelby... he was a really nice guy.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLC4S
got it... had dinner the other night at a guy's house, he drives a Mini as his daily and we walk into his garage and he has an electric green Viper GTS, The Tungsten GT, and one of the most beautiful old stang's I've ever seen. Both the stang and the GT were autographed by Carrol shelby... he was a really nice guy.
That's AtomicGT. His Mini is pretty MAXI!!! Great, really awesome car guy. And his Shelby GT350 is first class. I'm sure you had a great time!!!

Old 04-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute
Great story and pictures. I drove a few of those roads this morning. They were asking where you were. ; )

Old 04-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by 96740
Great story and pictures. I drove a few of those roads this morning. They were asking where you were. ; )
I miss those roads too!!

You're SO lucky to be where you are. We had a nice little 8" snowfall last night, so no cars for a while yet.

I'm so glad I'm going to Florida next week Gonna check out Heffner's performance shop while we're there!

Old 04-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Great Pics - Amazing Cars - Would've loved to meet up with you while you were out here.

I spend my Weekend in the Malibu Canyons & PCH - Im a happy Guy!!

96740 I see your in T.O. - Were Neighbors - Im in Agoura.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Fuel&Fire
Great Pics - Amazing Cars - Would've loved to meet up with you while you were out here.

I spend my Weekend in the Malibu Canyons & PCH - Im a happy Guy!!

96740 I see your in T.O. - Were Neighbors - Im in Agoura.
Did you see the Supercars Exposed episode on the CTS-V at Button Willow yesterday? Big fun!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Did you see the Supercars Exposed episode on the CTS-V at Button Willow yesterday? Big fun!!!
No Not yet... But I've heard of it - When I get home tonight the search is on! Thank God for DVR!!

Old 04-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Superb pics, the GT's look great!

Quick Reply: Our California Vacation (LOTS of Ford GT content)