Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Our California Vacation (LOTS of Ford GT content)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Our California Vacation (LOTS of Ford GT content)

A trip that got better every day, and the first day was AWESOME!!

We flew out of cold, cold Canada and arrived in California where we picked up the cars for our drive up the following morning to Frazier Valley, across New Cuyama in a bit of snow, over to Santa Maria, and then we met up with another GT owner for some pictures on the beach at Pismo.

After that, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves on drive up the riotously entertaining Atascadero highway which took us to the James Dean memorial where we met up with our other Canadian compatriots and their car. Atascadero was so much fun that after we met up with our buddy we returned down that same road. The next morning we headed north on one of the most amazing roads ever built, the PCH to Carmel. After jaunting up and down the PCH, the following day gave us a few more entertaining coastal roads and a drive to Malibu where we met up with yet another GT owner and hung around Galpin Motorsports which is sort of an automotive shrine and museum. We followed this up with a drive on Little Tujunga Canyon Rd!!! Wow!!!

The next day brought us a smorgasboard of fun cars on a 100 mile canyon loop which included a LOT of fantastic twisty canyon roads, including again, of course, possibly now my favorite stretch of road in the world, Little Tujunga Canyon Rd. Eventually we drove to Rosamond to prepare for the Streets of Willow where we spent the entire next day. This is the most fun you can imagine in a GT. The day after that we took to the Big Track at Willow. OK, forget what I said about the streets track, THIS is the most fun you can have in a GT.

We put more than 1400 of the best miles with the biggest smiles on each of our cars. Fantastic cars on fantastic roads with fantastic new friends.

And I’ve got to add that you Californian’s really do have it all. Great roads, great weather, great looking girls, and lots of great cars. But most of all, apart from all the really great people, it bears repeating, you’ve got REALLY great roads to drive on. I’m just a wee bit jealous.

Attached Images           
Old 04-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Great shots!!!

Old 04-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond repute
Mannnnn, do I love your car!

Next time I'm in Vancouver, can I get a ride? I think I'd be in heaven. A mandatory photo shoot is in order!

Awesome stuff, buddy! Thanks for posting.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like an awesome trip! I'm glad to see you guys actually drive your cars and have fun with them both on the streets and on the track! Fantastic photos and story!

Just one more reason to love the Ford GT...

Old 04-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for sharing!!! Sounds like a great trip. I absolutely LOVE the Gulf livery on your GT. Instant modern classic!!!!

Old 04-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
That is awesome. I love the Ford GT what a great car...

Old 04-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Pro - when can I come visit!!?? The Golf bug has been nipping at my heels as of late!

Old 04-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
Love the Ford GT!!!

Old 04-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craigger
Pro - when can I come visit!!?? The Golf bug has been nipping at my heels as of late!
Hey Craig, watching the Masters giving you the golf itch too? Some buddies and I are heading to Florida at the end of the week for a bit of golfing. Back just before month end. Anytime after that, come on out. You'll be more than welcome. The cars will be out by then too!

Old 04-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
Is the grey GT a California car? If so, does the owner have a Viper and some classic american muscle as well?

Quick Reply: Our California Vacation (LOTS of Ford GT content)