Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

355 to 360

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
Challenge or bust
This!

Old 11-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
What issues?? Be specific.
Electrical system made by retards, even by Italian standards, leads to all sorts of things like fried alternators, cooked F1 computers, endless ECU codes, the stupidest alarm system ever created by man, etc.

F1 system is junk, albeit somewhat easier to service than the 355. Eats clutches and overheats like a SOB.

More squeaks and rattles after 30k miles than a Lotus.

Cam timing solenoid likes to eat itself.

Engine mounts like to crack.

Oil lines like to pop, which when introduced to some nice hot cats produce a rather exceptional bonfire.

Stupid cooling design typically has most of them running hotter than the sun, even by Ferrari standards.

I'm not whistling dixie-- I've worked on dozens of them. They almost, sorta go the car sorted out by the time the CS happened. Unfortunately, the CS is hilariously overpriced, slow considering said price, and fragile.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Simba, I have owned one for almost 3 years and have had none of those issues.

Is my car special or something? Did I just get lucky??

You are a smart guy and I often trust what you say. But I think that you are dead wrong on this my friend. Just sayin'.

Last edited by Barrister; 11-30-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Is my car special or something? Did I just get lucky??
Probably. I've seen "blessed" cars as well as dog cars that would have been better off sunk in a lake. Go talk to anyone who's pulled wrenches on the things and you'll generally get the same answer.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
That's crazy talk. What is a "blessed" car?

I speak to my Ferrari mechanic all the time. He is one of my closest buds.

He says it is one of the best and most reliable Ferraris. He services hundreds and hundreds of them.

Do you think that I am an amateur on this topic brother?

I have been around the block where the 360 is concerned and know more about it than most - I would wager even you.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Banned
Oh, and I forgot to add that the instrument cluster likes to explode if you jump the car on a completely dead battery.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Banned
That's crazy talk. What is a "blessed" car?
A "blessed" car is one that, for whatever reason, was put together with a significantly higher degree of care and attention than most. See: Press cars, VIP cars, etc.

I have been around the block where the 360 is concerned and know more about it than most - I would wager even you.
Well, if you've been working on the things for a decade and building race cars for half again as long, you might. My experience has shown that the car is not any more reliable than the average 355, and in many cases less so.

It's also ugly and smells bad. So, y'know.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
We can agree to disagree I guess. But my personal experience with the car is that it is fast, fun and reliable.

And it smells like butterscotch.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Banned
If you're ever on the east coast, drop me a line and stop by. I'd be happy to share my big book of italian horrors (customer photos) with you.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:36 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
I am not busting on you Simba because you know a whole hell of a lot more than me, but I often find that people that constantly work on cars with mechanical issues get jaded and think that all of them have issues. Which is understandable because all you ever see are the ones with problems. I have been around the auto repair industry for several years now and find myself thinking that because I see a lot of X cars in the shop that those types of cars are bad and always have issues when the reality is a lot of people never have a single problem.

I have noticed in a lot of your car reviews that you are quick to point out a lot of very specific mechanical failures for each one. I don't doubt that these come up as possible problems, but figure the average owner will likely never experience them.

Again, not picking on your comments as you are a wealth of knowledge. Just making an observation.

Last edited by mafishman1; 11-30-2011 at 05:37 PM.