Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

355 to 360

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
keeping this alive and updated
working on the car now for major service + clutch job

personally i dont mind/care but it was still funny getting under and inside to see this made in japan tags as well as a blatant selespeed tag, which is alfa romeo's system (still done by same company, magnetti marelli). wish this would put many of the fcar snobs and elitists to rest

Attached Images      
Old 02-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
more pics before dropping the gearbox to install the clutch and bearing

Attached Images      
Old 02-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Working hard Ali, great job, keep on!

Old 02-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thanks Fredrick appreciate the motivation man, i am really enjoying this so far because i am learning a lot AND i am really impressed with how the 360 bay is set up.. pretty straightforward however it was weird to me that we had to drop the gearbox to change the clutch, on the 355 it's the opposite way round so that was not necessary

here are more pics from the POV thread, just to document everything here

gearbox, tubi muffler and pipes

old clutch on the left, new on right; attempt at getting a thickness comparison

this is a clearer image, i am proud of my old clutch

throwout bearing, and on the left that is the clutch sensor attached

this is not my engine, but this is where the magic happens

attached are another pic of the gearbox out, and flywheel that will get machined for now
if any of you guys wishes to see anything in specific just let me know and i'll try to shoot some pics for you

Attached Images    

Last edited by boursachi; 02-28-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
flywheel is getting replaced. not happy with results i have seen.
i have theorized and concluded that this is my doing since i refused to take the car in for any mech work before putting on 2,000km of my own

in that process, i probably did more damage than the normal tear and wear on the flywheel due to the dropping to Neutral and the revs going up either slightly/drastically up (foot doesn't leave pedal) and then engaging gear connecting to drive train in the second round of the paddle-pull

besides, might as well do it all while i'm at it because i don't wish to open her up again before 5 years

Old 03-01-2012, 10:26 AM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Have you ever thought about buying a car without a problem

Old 03-01-2012, 10:27 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
god gave you 2 legs, get a manual.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by sean73T
Have you ever thought about buying a car without a problem
such a thing exists? seriously though all of this has been factored into the price, and even then it's at a fraction of what costs are like in the US i know you were kidding but i'm fine with everything that is wear/tear

Originally Posted by MeanMachine
god gave you 2 legs, get a manual.
you first put your money where your mouth is so i can swap with you on weekends let's see how good a manual is in our traffic and on our streets! my friends end up driving theirs once a week IF THAT, hellll nooo

Old 03-01-2012, 02:15 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I drove a 681rwhp Shelby G500 for 5 days daily commute no problem, with heavy duty clutch.

Drove a F355 (manual) in second ring road traffic ( afternoon) at 2pm no problem

I've got a Nissan Patrol (5speed manual) I drive it on a daily basis, 3 years later and 200,000KM no problem..driven it to every country in the GCC except Oman.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 03-01-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
flywheel, clutch, pressure plate went on
bearing and clutch position sensor (2nd pic) are in the gearbox
awaiting assembly
decided not to change gearbox bushing/mount upon further inspection and the mech's advice

Attached Images