Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

355 to 360

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 02:13 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Huge congrats as well!

Old 12-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Ali! Mabrook!

Old 12-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Slayclops, allah yebarik fek thanks 7abeebi!
Fred, it's a cool special edition g shock
Joakim, YO YO YO MA MAN lol, thanks bro
DJ & Scott, thank you so much guys

i put on 400km in 5 days
my impressions:

- ASR off =
- no idea what the guys were on about saying it's slow, getting up to 200kmh is a breeze really and effortless
- love how the power is always on standby without necessity for downshift, feels like a supercharged car with the 10k revs (comparing it to the SL55)
- ride is very comfortable, tbh i dare use the word 'smooth' even
- i love the steering wheel's thickness, very easy to navigate and very secure at speeds
- auto mode sucks, was never planning on using it of course just curious
- interior is spacious, but no space for your stuff
- car goes exactly where you want it to go, and positively goes in style if you the asr is off and you are throttle happy

cannot wait for the kit to arrive to proceed with service
wish to rack on the miles and make up for lost time

Last edited by boursachi; 12-17-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Banned
Manettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to all
Congrats! Enjoy

Old 12-24-2011, 07:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Saw yesterday in Dubai a red Kuwaiti 360 and thought it was yours but then saw it had a crema interior. Then the guy accelerated and IMO the car had a E60 M5 with Eisenmann exhaust sound.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Slayclops
Saw yesterday in Dubai a red Kuwaiti 360 and thought it was yours but then saw it had a crema interior. Then the guy accelerated and IMO the car had a E60 M5 with Eisenmann exhaust sound.
haha just so i don't misunderstand, you say that meaning it was a bad sound right?

UPDATE
literally just drove back from a shop with an SD3
nothing of note engine had an o2 sensor error probably due to the tubi. did have some errors regarding wheel spin lol seriously though it felt great to learn that nothing came up on the SD regarding the engine

this shop's opinion was not to take the engine out and expose the heads/replace head gaskets unless the engine 'shake' is bothering me.. tbh i couldn't care less even if i wanted to.
i do have the head gaskets handy though for whatever i decide so i'll think this one through.
his thought is that it could be a bad valve, nothing to do with the gasket or piston ring or anything of the sort.
lesson to all kids: drive your fcars and don't garage-queen them!!

been getting neutral in shifts between 3rd and 4th for the most part, and clutch wear was suspected along with need of bleeding the f1 system.
he said there's no need for flushing/bleeding the f1 fluid/system
SD3 showed "63%" on clutch
can't remember if that was life left or wear already
it only drops to N when clutch heats up.
i asked why it was specifically between 3rd and 4th
he said because neutral falls between 3rd and 4th makes sense on a grid, right?

anyway, i liked what he quoted me for carrying out the major service (my parts supplied, which are extra than what he usually does) along with the clutch replacement and bleeding (required after clutch installation). labour would be ~1.5k for all that
which is not bad imho
but the clutch/sensor + shipping won't be too pocket friendly themselves still, it was factored into the price and it is a wear part anyway

next step for me i reckon is to expose the timing belts and tensioners and gauge how much more they can give me. it would be silly to carry out either job (major/clutch) separately, as that would almost double the labour

car is now at 45k km
i reckon 5k more can't hurt will keep you updated once i inspect the belts and tensioners

Old 12-25-2011, 02:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats ali on an awesome Ride

y36ek 5airha wkafeek sharha

Old 01-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
yo, not sure where i left this off so time for an update:
major service kit + head gaskets are with me and waiting on clutch/bearing/sensor to arrive, probably in 10 days. going to perform engine out to install new head gaskets and check on internals altogether whilst installing new clutch and co.
i also just got word from the guys that made the 355 challenge grill i have on my car that their 360 grills are ready. kind of a bummer that i can't afford it right now, but all in due time (pics attached of the grill), as i have a lead or two for Stradale look for front/sides

good news is that some guys from my shop are traveling tomorrow to buy an fcar/maser/lambo diagnostic computer. 85% chance they'll come back with one. this is huge to me since it means i can finally carry out fcar work like i do with the other makes, w/o any unnecessary drama. wish them and myself luck!

Attached Images    
Old 02-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
yaaaw, clutch/to/sensor arrived a week ago, so all parts are now ready to go on the car. hiccups with where to perform the work though, and now the head gaskets job is a 50/50. i poured in 2 cans of keropur fuel additive and the car seems to be softer at idle but not sure yet if that is placebo. at any rate i was never enthusiastic about taking the engine out and apart so i will know once i decide on a shop! drama queens here one day are keeping the ST5, next they don't; guy with sd3 is the same, he is traveling and will be back 14th feb, and the AD themselves don't have an SD3 atm whateverrrrr i decided i'm putting on more and more miles (clutch wear at 71% atm), put on 2k km of my own already

CS kit:no go found a few leads for the bumper/skirts/decklid but the cost doesn't make any sense to me, shipping alone tips it over the edge to begin with.. it was a fun idea while it lasted

Challenge grill: i'm waiting for the one with larger holes like the stradale, for now it seems like the only thing i wish to do. hopefully they will be able to offer it in time (few months)

PLEASE SOMEONE PHOTOSHOP YELLOW CALIPERS

Attached Images     

Last edited by boursachi; 02-06-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by boursachi
haha just so i don't misunderstand, you say that meaning it was a bad sound right?

[
No, in fact one of the best sounds I've heard