Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

Ferrari Classics at the Bahrain F1 GP

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Ferrari Classics at the Bahrain F1 GP

Currently, I have the pleasure of being in Bahrain and enjoying the incredible warmth, hospitality and overwhelming friendship of the Bahraini people at the Ferrari Classics event. This event was held in conjunction with the Formula One race this past weekend, and owners of Ferrari classics from the USA, UK and Europe brought their cars to a special display at the race.

The display was held in a pavilion at the race track, and over the course of F1 Weekend, thousands upon thousands entered the pavilion to take in the amassed collection of Ferrari finery. They were eager to learn details, attentive, polite, and incredibly appreciative of the viewing opportunity. All were seen to leave with smiles, and if events like this bring all people together as seen this week, then that can only have a positive outcome.

Special thanks must go out to the Bahraini people, whose warmth and hospitality, endless smiles and friendship will never be forgotten. The Bahraini Royal Family and Bahraini authorities responsible for putting on this event did a perfect job for F1 Weekend...I cannot imagine how it could be topped !

I know I speak for all of the participants that brought cars over when I say thank you, thank you !

Now I know where Jaber (Condor !) gets his warm personality...its in his blood ! Seriously, the amount of friendship Sanj and I have received from Jaber's family can never be measured....simply overwhelming. Jaber's brother Khalifa, is a character we will never forget ! That is a story for its own thread !!!!

I get back to the USA later this week, and I have hundreds of pics from this event....Here is a taste of a few...enjoy !

Outside the Pavilion tent where the cars were displayed...

Gathering in the pits for a private track session on Sakhirs F1 track on Monday...

Nick Mason's Daytona Competizione

Fueled and in the pits !

Old 04-07-2008, 07:24 PM
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Winning history pontoon Testarossa....The driver of this car is a Pininfarina Engineer, and a former engineer/test driver for Goodyear. Back in the 80's, he developed the tires for the F40 and did many hot test lap sessions in the F40. He took me out in my F40, and drove the car fantastically....che Bella ! Amazing !!!!

Jacky Ickx was one of many colourful and gracious personalities to grace this event with their presence..his stories and hot laps with participants will be long remembered...what a legend.

Coming in for cool downs....

Many more pics from beginning to end later this week....

Old 04-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Jas I am honored by your kind comments and I am very pleased that your trip is a memorable one. I am sure I could have made it even better had I and my wife been there to take care of you and your wife
Looking forward to see more pictures soon.

BTW

Old 04-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
wow, unbelievable opportunity. sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the rest of the pictures/videos!

Cheers

Old 04-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome event. Is that superamerica owned by the same guy from Arizona who has the F50, 599, F40, etc?

Old 04-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, now I know what I missed Jas. Unbelievable. Great pics to boot.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:05 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Jas thank you for taking the time to upload these pictures, words cant tell how excited you seem to be in unleashing your F40's potential at the track.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:08 AM
Originally Posted by CondorCGT
Jas I am honored by your kind comments and I am very pleased that your trip is a memorable one. I am sure I could have made it even better had I and my wife been there to take care of you and your wife
Looking forward to see more pictures soon.

BTW
Jaber, what I have spoken of is only 1% of the whole picture of warmth we have received here...incredible.

I will give you a full "debrief" when I get back, with lots more pics and "stories"...some from your past that are "non-repeatable"...

Lets just put it this way guys, when Jaber was younger, he used to chase police officers in HIS cars :rofl::rofl:

The hospitality of your extended family here can never be repayed....they are the warmest, friendliest, most genuine people we have ever met.

Looking forward to a big download of pics when I get back gang !

Old 04-08-2008, 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
Wow, now I know what I missed Jas. Unbelievable. Great pics to boot.
Lots more to come Felix, you would have been in heaven !!

Old 04-08-2008, 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Jas thank you for taking the time to upload these pictures, words cant tell how excited you seem to be in unleashing your F40's potential at the track.
Mohammed, it was sensational. The track is obviously F1 world class, the Sakhir circuit. The car ran strong and I pushed it hard...or so I thought until Paolo Garella took the wheel with me as a passenger.

Paolo Garella was an engineer with Goodyear when they developed the tires for the F40...he was also one of their best test drivers and logged many miles on the F40. He is now in charge of special projects at Pininfarina and just such a nice guy.

He took out the F40 and man, we went balls out...the car sang and he drove it at 8/9 10ths the whole way...my face hurt from smiling at the end of 5 laps ! We had to be checkered flagged in for the end of session !

The car ran cool, tires held up beautifully (although we obviously heated the rubber ), and when he got out, he looked at me and said in a strong Italian accent..."I have driven a lot of F40's, you have a very strong car..." I was like a proud dad :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wonderful !

Quick Reply: Ferrari Classics at the Bahrain F1 GP