Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

Ferrari Classics at the Bahrain F1 GP

Old 04-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
Believe it! Jaber and his wife are a class act and most of all supremely friendly, humble and warm.

Jas, thanks for taking the time to capture and share these unforgettable moments!

Jaber, apparently we need to go get some sushi. I guess there are more stories to be told.
I can tell many stories but only after Sushi

Old 04-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
miboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond repute
This thread is great. To know that we have friends worldwide that all share a similar passion, and will extend hospitality to others with that passion restores some of my faith in humankind.

Thanks for the photos, Jas. I would just stand there and stare all day....

Old 04-08-2008, 04:26 PM
MGM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond repute
Wow phenomenal pictures and story's, thank you for sharing! I bet that experience was second to none and one you'll never forget.

Props to Condor for sharing so much with you, and to you RufMd for appreciating it with class!

Old 04-08-2008, 04:56 PM
BSM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really nice
Jas/Jaber, seriously excellent post and photos, thx for sharing. Nothing gets me more fired up than vintage F-cars, and mixing it w/ F1 makes it even more special. Looks like you guys had a prime weekend. I was watching the race on Speed, there in spirit!

Old 04-08-2008, 10:01 PM
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BSM
Jas/Jaber, seriously excellent post and photos, thx for sharing. Nothing gets me more fired up than vintage F-cars, and mixing it w/ F1 makes it even more special. Looks like you guys had a prime weekend. I was watching the race on Speed, there in spirit!

Thanks glad you like the pictures. Jas has just departed Bahrain on his way back home once he is back he will post more pictures about the event and his short visit to see my cars. I also watched it on speed from my temporary home here in Alabama. Even being here in the USA I knew he will be taken care of very well by my Brother and family.
As you know the Ferrari event was organized by the man responsible to bring F1 to Bahrain and the region H.H Shaikh Salman Bin Hamad Al-Khalifa . It was only a matter of time before an event like this(Ferrari Classics) would take place in Bahrain during the GP weekend. I am so proud that this is another great event organize by Bahrain

Old 04-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks everyone I just stepped in the door a couple of hours ago from as someone described it here, the trip of a lifetime...simply fantastic.

I will do my best to capture the spirit of the event, the wonderful people and friends made, the cars and most importantly, the incredible friendship/spirit/hospitality and enthusiasm for motorsports from the Bahraini people. I'm sure that Sanj and I speak for all of the other participants in the event when we say the gracious nature of the people of Bahrain, their permanent smiles , and effervescent nature of everyone we met, will never be forgotten.

If events like this serve as any kind of barometer, there is hope that people of differing backgrounds and cultures can come together in common purpose...be it the love of motorsport, or the desire to raise our kids in a safe and prosperous world.

Finally, none of this would ever have been possible without the drive, vision, and impetus from Crown Prince Shaikh Salman bin Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa. His love of motorsports brought the first F1 race and Sakhir circuit to the Middle East...it is breathtakingly beautiful. The Crown Prince and the Royal Court of Bahrain deserve the utmost kudos and congratulations on putting on a phenomenal race and gathering. All of the participants involved in the Ferrari Classics event agreed...there was simply nothing else that could have been done to make the F1 race and the gathering any better !

Bahrain....it is rightly the home of motorsports in the Middle East.

Yesterday, Tuesday, was the last track session at Sakhir...I will post up some pics later to illustrate why it is a day that will live in my memory forever.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Welcome back Jas

Old 04-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome back and what a great writeup so far. Cant wait to visit Bahrain. Maybe next year around this time?

Old 04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
Welcome back and what a great writeup so far. Cant wait to visit Bahrain. Maybe next year around this time?
Felix, I will be there next year for sure...it was a gearheads dream and the motorsports enthusiasm is widespread. I really hope you can make it.

Here are a few more pics guys...and then I plan to lapse into a jet-lag sleep coma...

Dino Competizione Prototype, 1 of 1, used as the inspiration for the Dino 246.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:39 PM
The Testarossas !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ferrari Classics at the Bahrain F1 GP