Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

Most Beautiful Classic Ferrari - 250 GTO

Old 02-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RDuke
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but do you think there would be any demand for a replica hotrod version of the 250 GTO? I'm thinking CAD designed carbon fiber body, motor, transmission, and computer out of a 599, 612, or 575, custom road race chasses, and modern Ferrari touches in the interior. Say someone was to hand build a limited run of these, say 10 or 15, would you think there would be a high demand? What would you think they would go for?

great idea, but for it to be economically feasible it would have to be 2million+ for the 10-15 examples. and I'm sure the general public does not want to own a $2,000,000 replica.

it might work if it was a stamped aluminum put onto a viper/corvette/tube frame chassis.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ashokn225
Well I've seen replica versions go for as much as $1M. Anywhere from 200k-1M is what they've been going for for a tube chassis replica.

those were based on Ferrari's from the era though correct?

Old 02-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craigger
those were based on Ferrari's from the era though correct?
Yeah, edited my post.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
great idea, but for it to be economically feasible it would have to be 2million+ for the 10-15 examples. and I'm sure the general public does not want to own a $2,000,000 replica.

it might work if it was a stamped aluminum put onto a viper/corvette/tube frame chassis.
I bet it could be done for far less that 2M each. The biggest overhead would having the plugs made for the carbon body pannels and the original ferrari parts. Done right, I would guesstimate that they could probably be produced for 250-300 each. Retail 500K each for a modern supercar with classic styling? There may be some demand at this level...

Old 02-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Teamspeed Member
Fastback has a brilliant futureFastback has a brilliant futureFastback has a brilliant futureFastback has a brilliant futureFastback has a brilliant futureFastback has a brilliant futureFastback has a brilliant futureFastback has a brilliant futureFastback has a brilliant futureFastback has a brilliant futureFastback has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ashokn225
Well I've seen replica versions go for as much as $1M. Anywhere from 200k-1M is what they've been going for for a tube chassis replica. But things like modern Ferrari touches whether that be with the computer, interior, or motor would devalue it. As authentic to the original is what you should shoot for.
He's right. The more authentic you go, the higher the price you'll receive.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by RDuke
I bet it could be done for far less that 2M each. The biggest overhead would having the plugs made for the carbon body pannels and the original ferrari parts. Done right, I would guesstimate that they could probably be produced for 250-300 each. Retail 500K each for a modern supercar with classic styling? There may be some demand at this level...
IMO, the guys who want the classic Ferrari styling are the ones who want the classic columbo v12 sound, the poor feeling gearbox, the clunky brakes. the guys who want to EDC/Ediff and all that want the instant recognition of the hot Ferrari on the block or the fastest thing on the road, which the aerodynamics of the 575/599/612 are there for.

again IMO

Old 02-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
IMO, the guys who want the classic Ferrari styling are the ones who want the classic columbo v12 sound, the poor feeling gearbox, the clunky brakes. the guys who want to EDC/Ediff and all that want the instant recognition of the hot Ferrari on the block or the fastest thing on the road, which the aerodynamics of the 575/599/612 are there for.

again IMO

I'm sure there are a lot of people who would only want a classic look and classic performance. I guess I'll just have to build one for myself first and see if there is any demand there after. It's actually on my list to start researching and building in about 4-6 years.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
vodkarocket is an unknown quantity at this point
I need a change of pants.

That is all.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Okay, back on topic

Old 03-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Man I like this 246 GTS Dino:

<TABLE height=200 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=640 align=center bgColor=#cc0000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle colSpan=2>1 of 95 original USA chairs & flares cars, very clean. Approved by Ferrari Classiche Program. Call for more information.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Most Beautiful Classic Ferrari - 250 GTO