Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

Ferrari 348 out for a swim

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Just in good fun. Looks like you have a beautiful, and special, 348.

But you're a little quick to judgement with zero experience of the people you are writing about, yourself. I saw in another thread where eShaun said that he would prefer to spend the same money on a Lotus than for an older 308, that you replied "then why aren't you hanging out in the Lotus forums?" I was unaware this was solely a Ferrari forum! Certainly Lotuses are just as welcome and admired here as Ferraris. Intolerance is not. Particularly in your first ten posts. Feel free to critique cars, but no need for personal attacks. As far as eShaun's comparison, I have spent way too much money creating, for me at least, the ultimate 308qv. I have also owned a Lotus Elise, and I have to say that as much as I loved the sound, looks, and driving experience of that 308, as far as where eShaun is coming from, as Chris Rock said about OJ killing Nicole: "I unnnerstand" . . .

As for the "zero experience", I have owned 4 Ferraris, and have driven 348s numerous times on the track and street. I personally don't like the styling, the performance, or the reliability - especially the electrical gremlins that plague many of them. I'm sure yours is different - well at least on two of the three fronts. But then again, you've owned a TR, so perhaps you like the slats. One man's junk is another man's treasure . . .
I can 1st hand attest to the 348 at the track. I did a 1080 in a 348 Challenge car at Roebling Road several years ago. They don't brake like a Porsche or a 355 Challenge Car.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ

Even thought this Ferrari 348 could be almost twenty years old, that’s still no way to treat an Italian beauty. It seems a twenty-four year old man in Haren, Netherlands was out for a joy ride/test drive and lost control of the car. The driver escaped with no injuries
Looks like a 6blinger on cold tires....

Old 12-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
matthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these partsmatthijsgrit is infamous around these parts
Actually, it was a test drive and the test-driver f*cked up on a roundabout. He hit the loud pedal in stead of the brakes. The driver was a mechanic at a car shop and he was warming the car up for a real test drive. It went wrong on leaving the roundabout. On the slippery road, the car started to slide and te guy tried to correct. But because he was wearing work boots, he hit both the brakes and the accellerator. And then there was water... :-(

I my opinion the sliding might have 'a little bit ' to do with over enthousiastic accelleration complemented by lack of experience/skills...

Old 12-10-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
^ Damn water always in the way.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Oversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond repute
Ouch! I like the 348, I feel bad for the owner.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rascasse
Most people who have zero personal experience with something are very quick to judgement.
Dino,

If you are interested in sponsoring this forum, send a PM to DJ and he will set you up. Untill then, please remove the link to your company from your sig.
Thanks,
Luis

Old 07-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
sangio89 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got one and I can say it is a cool car to drive, i also like idea of a V8 little Testarossa. And about the comparison with the NSX...also the new GT-R can be faster than a lot of Ferrarri and Porsche but I won't never change a Ferrari for a Plastic, Uninspired and Japanese car...for sure an F355 or a 360 Modena are better performing cars but to tell that a Ferrari sucks means you are a profane.
I apologise for the eventual mistakes in my English.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Rookie

this is it...how can u say it sucks??

Old 07-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Because the dude in the background does suck on something.

All joking aside, I like it, not just as much as the 355.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:05 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
sure, i've never seen the evolution of a Ferrari worse than his predecessor. 348 is better than 328 and 355 is better than 348 ecc, I don't know how the hell They can do that. ^^

Quick Reply: Ferrari 348 out for a swim