Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

Ferrari 348 out for a swim

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 05:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rascasse
Most people who have zero personal experience with something are very quick to judgement.
Just in good fun. Looks like you have a beautiful, and special, 348.

But you're a little quick to judgement with zero experience of the people you are writing about, yourself. I saw in another thread where eShaun said that he would prefer to spend the same money on a Lotus than for an older 308, that you replied "then why aren't you hanging out in the Lotus forums?" I was unaware this was solely a Ferrari forum! Certainly Lotuses are just as welcome and admired here as Ferraris. Intolerance is not. Particularly in your first ten posts. Feel free to critique cars, but no need for personal attacks. As far as eShaun's comparison, I have spent way too much money creating, for me at least, the ultimate 308qv. I have also owned a Lotus Elise, and I have to say that as much as I loved the sound, looks, and driving experience of that 308, as far as where eShaun is coming from, as Chris Rock said about OJ killing Nicole: "I unnnerstand" . . .

As for the "zero experience", I have owned 4 Ferraris, and have driven 348s numerous times on the track and street. I personally don't like the styling, the performance, or the reliability - especially the electrical gremlins that plague many of them. I'm sure yours is different - well at least on two of the three fronts. But then again, you've owned a TR, so perhaps you like the slats. One man's junk is another man's treasure . . .

Last edited by MexicoBlue; 12-02-2008 at 06:32 AM.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:28 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW, unlike the other Ferracists in this thread, I quite like how the 348 captures the essence of 80s styling and I really appreciate how it donated many shapes to the most beautiful car in the world, the 355. As far as driving one, or owning one - not so much. In the same way that some people enjoy plump women, and some do not.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
propr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not crazy about the 348, but i do love the 355. By association, since the cars are at least somewhat similar, how can you havte the 348 and like the 355? Or am i to take this as everyone not liking 355's also?

Old 12-05-2008, 03:54 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
FWIW, unlike the other Ferracists in this thread, I quite like how the 348 captures the essence of 80s styling and I really appreciate how it donated many shapes to the most beautiful car in the world, the 355. As far as driving one, or owning one - not so much. In the same way that some people enjoy plump women, and some do not.
So what are you saying, do you enjoy plump women?

Old 12-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by propr`one
I'm not crazy about the 348, but i do love the 355. By association, since the cars are at least somewhat similar, how can you havte the 348 and like the 355? Or am i to take this as everyone not liking 355's also?
Hate the 348. Love the 355. It's mainly the slats, but it kinda looks like a Fiero anyway. Plus performance and reliability-wise, there's no comparison.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
Haha... Jox likes plump women...

I have no personal experience with the 348 so I guess I'll keep my trap shut... isn't that what we do here now?

Old 12-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Oh Crap! I didn't get the memo!

Are we supposed to play nice, even when a Newb tells one person they should go post in a Lotus forum because they prefer a newer Lotus to an older 308, and then tells another group of members who don't like the 348: "Most people who have zero personal experience with something are very quick to judgement" without even knowing if we have any personal experience with the 348?

If so, I may not be very good at this whole kinder, gentler thing . . .

Old 12-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
what does personal experience have to do with a subjective thing like looks?

fwiw, the 348 looks like ass. the 355 is arguably the best looking ferrari.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:13 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
what does personal experience have to do with a subjective thing like looks?

fwiw, the 348 looks like ass. the 355 is arguably the best looking ferrari.
Best looking modern Ferrari.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Best looking modern Ferrari.
Best looking modern Ferrari that isn't an F40.

Quick Reply: Ferrari 348 out for a swim