Notices
Miscellaneous Sell Anything LEGAL & Not Car or Marine Related In This Section.

FS: Canon 100-400mm 4.5-5.6L IS (Image Stabilizer) USM Autofocus Lens

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond repute
Cool FS: Canon 100-400mm 4.5-5.6L IS (Image Stabilizer) USM Autofocus Lens

Hey everyone, I’m selling my:

Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS (Image Stabilizer) USM Autofocus Lens

The lens is currently going for $1,699.99 on Amazon:

I picked up this lens almost exactly a year ago. It has served me brilliantly and I have ZERO hesitation recommending this lens to anyone. My specific copy of the 100-400mm is absolutely stellar and as sharp of an example of this lens as I've ever seen.

I used this lens at both the Sebring 12 Hours Race and the Honda Grand Prix of St. Pete as well as many USF Athletic events where it did everything better than I could have ever asked for and then some.

My reason for selling my lens is due to me recently signing under contract with a global newswire company. It's time for me to upgrade my photography tools so I’m finally picking up a 300mm 2.8 IS.

The 100-400mm is honestly the absolute BEST lens you can buy for the money especially if you are fortunate enough to pick up a used copy from someone like myself that treats ALL of my equipment as if I intended to keep it forever. My lens has NEVER been dropped or mishandled in anyway.

I never intended to sell my Canon 100-400mm until my recent newswire contract was signed where now I feel it’s my duty to upgrade my gear.

Other than that, I've attached several photos of MY specific lens below. These are photos that I took of my lens, not stock photos that someone else took and I just used them as examples. I want you to see exactly what you are going to receive if you purchase this from me.

My lens has two minor visual scuffs both of which are not very noticeable and do not affect the image quality in any way. (They are both very minor paint scuffs and are not at all close to the main glass elements of the lens) I've attached photos of that below as well.

My lens has had a UV Filter on it from literally the minute I opened the box and took the lens out for the very first time. I think that is pretty apparent by the absolute clarity and of the glass itself as seen in the pictures below. Nothing has ever touched the main lens elements / glass itself, ever.

Other than that, here is some more specific info regarding my specific lens that I’ve researched for you:

My lens date code is: UW0517

Here is a simple break down of my lens' history:

U = Canon Factory the lens was produced in: Utsunomiya, Japan
W = 2008 year it was made
05 = 5th month, May
17 = These numbers are evidently useless and often times omitted all
together (It is a Canon internal code)

Your purchase comes with:

- Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM lens
- Tripod collar
- Lens hood
- Original box
- Original Warranty card (hasn't been filled out)
- Front and rear lens caps
- Lens owners manual
- Lens carrying pouch
- Canon UV Filter

Essentially, everything that came in the box new when I bought it from BH myself, plus the Canon UV Filter for free so you will never have to worry about any smudges, dust, or anything else as well. (The UV Filter is normally $40.00 by itself on BH after shipping / handling)

With the current price of new Canon 100-400mm's going for $1,700+ online without any UV Filter and with the condition I have kept my lens in, I am looking for to sell my copy for:

$1,325.00 OBO + Shipping / Handling fees (Within the US)

Payment Methods:

Ideally, I would encourage Paypal if applicable, please add 3% to your final total, check (needs to clear bank), money order, or cash is accepted.

The lens will be shipped out immediately after the payment successfully clears my bank account.

I’ve already purchased the shipping box and peanuts etc. for whoever picks it up so you don’t have to pay for that. The lens is literally sitting in the box, packed with peanuts, ready to be shipped. The box just needs an address to be shipped to!

Feel free to view the higher resolution photos of this lens at:

Hi-Res pictures by Canon100-400 - Photobucket

Feel free to PM me on here or email me at: chrisgrosser@gmail.com

Thanks in advance, I hope whoever picks this lens up enjoys it as much as I did. It served me very well.

- Chris

Last edited by Chris G; 09-30-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond repute
Here are some photos that I've personally taken with the lens:

Old 09-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
eshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond repute
Great lens for sure and congrats on the contract. What types of subject matter are you expecting on covering for them...

Old 09-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by eshaun
Great lens for sure and congrats on the contract. What types of subject matter are you expecting on covering for them...
I appreciate it bud.

I'll be covering anything and everything. Essentially, everything I already photograph myself under my own private company except I will be covering it for them and transmitting my images to companies around the world for coverage.

The events I'll be covering is: NFL / NBA / PGA / Indy / Nascar / Le Mans / entertainment (concerts) etc.

I'm just fortunate to live in Tampa where I can literally photograph either a professional event or a professional concert damn near every weekend if I decide to. (Which was one of the reasons why I moved here to begin with)

This just gives me a reason to justify buying the 300mm 2.8 IS lol

Old 09-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
G/L with the sale Chris! Congrats on the new job as well! I'll be looking forward to hearing more about it when you get a chance to share.

How'd you land this new gig, if you don't mind me asking? PM me if you like.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Lens is back up for sale for $1,325.00

I will split all shipping fees with whoever picks it up.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro