Notices
Midwest (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in IA, IL, IN, MI, MO, OH, WI, and WV

Minneapolis MN Cars & Cafe, Saturday June 6th 8am-11am

Old 05-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
Minneapolis MN Cars & Cafe, Saturday June 6th 8am-11am

Hey guys,

It's that time of the month again. Last month we had 400+ cars from all over the world. June will be even better with the great weather we have been having. There will be additional pavement in between the new buildings that will accomodate another 100 cars.

Please note that our event is from 8-11am. Parking is first come first serve. If you show up at 10:45, the lot is more than likely going to be full and you will be asked to park in general parking.

I have touched on this before but I feel I need to adress this once again.

Unless you are looking to get this event shut down, please keep the burnouts and hard launches for the track.

There will now be a Chanhassen Police Officer on site to make sure people get in and out of the property safely and slowly.

Time and Location:

The event is from 8am-11am
The location is the Minneapolis AutoMotorplex located at:
1740 Motorplex Ct. Chanhassen MN (About 10 minutes away from the old location)
Please check out the Motorplex’s website for map and other details: AutoMotorPlex - MPLS
For people traveling east of 494 we would encourage you to take the Crosstown (62) extension (HWY 5) the where it becomes 212, exit on Powers Blvd (Which is 1 exit past 101) go right, drive approx 500 ft and turn left on Lyman (at the light) travel approximately 1 mile, turn right on Audubon and we will be 1.1 mile on the left.

Please mark your calendars with the following dates:

July 4th
August 1st
September 5th
October 3rd

Parking map:

Here are some pics from last month's event: (Thanks Alex)

See you guys on the 6th!

Old 05-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be there! Too bad about having an LEO on site though. I always enjoyed watching people leave.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, a few people got pulled over last time. The cops were cool and did not ticket them, but I don't think they would be cool if it happened again. It was bound to happen anyways, and with how quickly the event continues to grow, it's a good move for everybody.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
That's true. Hopefully it doesn't deter anyone from coming to future events (although I don't really see why it would...)

Old 05-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
If it does, good. Those are the people that would otherwise get the event shut down with their shennanigans.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Luis
If it does, good. Those are the people that would otherwise get the event shut down with their shennanigans.
That's a good point as well. Then again, I think you just want some of the riff raff out because we've grown so big and it'd be tough to find a new spot in the area.