Notices
Mid-Atlantic (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in DC, DE, MD, NC, SC, and VA

Castaway Critters Show - April 28th

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Castaway Critters Show - April 28th

Soooooooo....this post is coming late I know, but there is a killer show coming up in Hersey, PA this coming Sat. Cool Cars for Cats and Canines - Exotic Car Show - Home

It is being held at the antique auto museum (Antique Auto Museum at Hershey, Pennsylvania), which is probably worth the drive all by itself,

There will be a large caravan going up, which will be at least half the fun. Lots of guys from around the area will be joining up. Last year, we had about 30 cars and I would LOVE for you guys to join us (I imagine the group will be much larger, but there won't be any craziness...just a nice cruise up).

The cruise details are below. Sorry I didn't post about this sooner as I know it's kinda last minute. You don't have to register for the show to attend although you can pay at the entrance. I can't emphasize this enough....if you can afford to waste an entire day doing car stuff, then you should seriously consider checking this out.

CRUISE DETAILS - VA/MD GROUP

In order to accommodate everyone interested in driving up together Sat. morning, we’ll use the same route from last year with a few small changes (example: meeting at Rutter’s in York, PA instead of the McDonalds). The show opens at 10:00am and my goal is to get us there by 9:00am so that we have time to clean off the cars a bit. We will be stopped at each location to allow people to arrive and to refuel as needed. For the most part, this is a moving train so it’s your responsibility to meetup with us at any given location (although obviously we’ll try to accommodate). PM chrcowan you want his cell number.

In addition, it would be helpful to know if anyone is planning on joining the group at the Ikea College Park location. We stopped and waited last year and no one was there. If no one plans on meeting us there we can just skip it, so it would be nice to know in advance. Again, we have no problem stopping there if that’s a convenient spot for people. Regarding the other locations, it doesn't really matter who is planning on showing because we will be stopping there for the agreed upon time regardless. We should have a few minutes of flexibility to wait for someone, but I’m not keeping a checklist of attendees. Please be respectful of others and show up on time.

chrcowan will be leading the caravan (2008 Viper), but if at any point you want to pass him you should feel free. Everyone will know where we’re going and when we’re going to get there, so we can just catch up with you. Again, we’ll be stopping almost every 45 mins. for water, food, fuel, etc. so that shouldn’t be a big problem if we get broken up.

What to bring:
- Quick detailer, cloths, etc. if you want to clean your car before the show.
- Smart phone, navigation system, or atlas.
- Camera, walkie talkie, etc.
- Please also arrive at your first stop with a fuel tank of gas.
- A printed copy of this post and the map below.

PRINT THIS MAP:
DIRECTIONS

A. TYSONS CORNER, VA [arrive whenever – leave by 5:10am] (gasp): The Northern VA people should meet at the Starbucks in Tysons Corner, VA. (8520 Suite D, Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA, 22103, 703-760-7037). This should be a familiar location to many and it’s close to the beltway. We are leaving VERY early and will be on a tight timeline, but there is just no way to hit all of our check points without doing so. I HIGHLY suggest getting here early if you are coming from further South so that we don’t leave you behind. I’ll try to get there by 4:40am.

[30 min drive to College Park, MD]

B. COLLEGE PARK, MD [arrive 5:40am – leave by 6:00am]: We will be meeting a group of MD folks at the IKEA parking lot in College Park (10100 Baltimore Ave., College Park, MD 20740). Again, this should be a familiar location to people. We won’t be stopping for long, but it should give us enough of a window to connect.

[45 min drive to Baltimore, MD]

C. BALTIMORE, MD [arrive 6:45am – leave by 7:10am]: We will combine forces with the Baltimore group at Best Buy in Hunt Valley (118 Shawan Road, Hunt Valley, MD 21030). Again, short window for everyone arriving, but we should have just enough time to get a quick break. You can get fuel at the next stop should you need it.

[45 min drive to York, PA]

D. YORK, PA [arrive 7:55am – leave 8:15am]: We can make a short stop at the Rutter’s Farm Store in York, PA (160 North Hills Rd (at Industrial Hwy), York, PA 17402, (717-755-4000). We’ve met up here a few times and it’s just off the highway. Plenty of food and gas available.

[45 min drive to Hershey, PA]

E. HERSHEY, PA [arrive at 9:00am]: There will be signs for the entrance to the show. We should also have enough flexibility in the schedule to account for some unexpected delays and still get there on time to clean the cars a little (Antique Auto Club of America Museum, 161 Museum Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, 717-566-7100).

In general, I hope these locations and times make sense, but again, let me know if you have any questions. As always, we will be taking a fairly leisurely pace up there. If it’s too slow for you then, feel free to pass and we’ll meet you at the next location.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:15 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Great show today!

Got up at 3:45am yesterday to do this, but it was awesome. We had about 60 cars in the caravan by the time we got to the show (including 5 Delorens....wtf!?). Here's some coverage for those who couldn't make it.

MORE: https://plus.google.com/photos/10717...CKmjyb3by6-gLw
Cool Cars for Cats and Canines - Exotic Car Show - a set on Flickr

Video: Ferrari FF-Lamborghini Murcielago-Gallardo SE- Lotus Evora GP Edition - Engine Sounds! - YouTube

Old 04-29-2012, 08:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool event!