Notices
Mid-Atlantic (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in DC, DE, MD, NC, SC, and VA

Moving to NoVa...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
Moving to NoVa...

middle of next month. Loudon county to start will be looking for a BD/Sales job so if anoyne has any leads!

Old 01-18-2010, 09:38 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I feel sorry for you. I made the same move (HB to NOVA) and I've never been the same....

Get ready to say goodbye to hot chicks, good weather, awesome food, and not too many cops and say hello to rednecks, frozen everything, crap food (NO Mexican anywhere), and cops on every corner. Don't do it if you don't have to. I only moved so I could double my income (and I met my wife here - she was born in CA ).

Old 01-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
I'd listen to Chris on this one - it sounds farking awful!

Old 01-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
I disagree. Good food can be found. Very good Thai, and Indian. There was a good Mexican place on Wisc Ave, can't remember the name (they also had a second location in old town alexandria. Also a great rib place right there too (even a guy from Austin vouched for it). Both on Wisc, just up from the safeway.

Great french bistro, called Bistro Lepic was there as well. In arlington and seven corners are lots of great Thai and Indian.

Go to the DC waterfront on a warm spring day, wear dark sunglasses so as not to incriminate self with lewd staring.

VIR is a two hour drive

Summit Point is also about two hours.

Great roads for driving and motorcycling in the area. Head west to avoid the over protective police.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
Mexican place

Austin Grill

waitress' used to be hot too. Haven't been there in 7+ years so YMMV

Old 01-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
He's moving to Loudoun, not DC. BIG difference. I live in Loudoun - I should know what I'm talking about. There is good Indian food out here (and a lot of other ethnicities), but us SoCal guys thrive on good, cheap Mexican food. Austin Grill is certainly NOT Mexican. The closest thing is Anita's, but it's not the same.

There are tons of great driving roads out here, but there are generally a TON of cops.

Look, do what you need to do, but I'd stay in HB if I were you.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
HB - did you ever clear everything up w/ your wife? is this the compromise?

- chuck

Old 01-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I feel sorry for you. I made the same move (HB to NOVA) and I've never been the same....

Get ready to say goodbye to hot chicks, good weather, awesome food, and not too many cops and say hello to rednecks, frozen everything, crap food (NO Mexican anywhere), and cops on every corner. Don't do it if you don't have to. I only moved so I could double my income (and I met my wife here - she was born in CA ).
I've spent a lot of time there, use to spend roughly 8-12 weeks a year out there for 2-3 years. The food does suck, and the lack of mexican blows my mind. Esp. the stuff they consider mexican (ground beef???). That said, I do have a few spots i'll have to send your way.

I'm going out there to get back together with my wife who hates Cali. And I could use a change to tell you the truth. It's not a long term plan.

I guess i'm ready to leave good food, good weather, and hot woman for a little while. I'll get to go skeet shooting w/ my father in law

Last edited by HBdirtbag; 01-20-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by brnsrgn

Go to the DC waterfront on a warm spring day, wear dark sunglasses so as not to incriminate self with lewd staring.

Great roads for driving and motorcycling in the area. Head west to avoid the over protective police.

I like DC, that said, the woman do not compare. And i've driven all the roads out there....and pulled over on most, lol.....wait...why am I leaving? F*CK

I do like the season changes though

Last edited by HBdirtbag; 01-20-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by carendt242
HB - did you ever clear everything up w/ your wife? is this the compromise?

- chuck
Yes, this is ultimately the compromise. She's never really liked cali and had been very homesick for years. Gotta make sacrifices. I can survive anywhere

Chris, where in Loudoun are you? We'll have to grab a beer sometime.

Quick Reply: Moving to NoVa...