Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

Face-lifted McLaren 12C Hits The Ring

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 03:21 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
DarkZero is an unknown quantity at this point
Too bad McLaren has dropped the ball. They have quickly developed a reputation for not stepping up to the plate and supporting the people who bought their new cars, with top notch customer service. Prices have dropped like a stone. And, some of their dealers are a let down.
They are not going to fool too many Porsche lovers.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Teamspeed Member
Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by DarkZero
Too bad McLaren has dropped the ball. They have quickly developed a reputation for not stepping up to the plate and supporting the people who bought their new cars, with top notch customer service. Prices have dropped like a stone. And, some of their dealers are a let down.
You a disgruntled McLaren owner? Or are you a Ferrari Fan Boy? Some of us 12C owners are serial 911 owners as well as Ferrari Owners. So far you have 5 posts, all seem to be Anti McLaren. You have an Agenda here?

I have had nothing but top shelf service from McLaren of Orange County, as well as Ferrari of Orange County Service, and both groups were a lot better to work with than my Porsche Dealer when it came to service.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm not sure I agree with that statement. I've heard nothing but positive things about dealing and working with McLaren and their dealers. Including, offering early buyers the free upgrade to the 2013 specs. Additional 25hp free of charge? I don't know of any other company that treats their current customers that well.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
LOL. It was a computer program change by a guy they had on salary working on it anyway. They bent over backwards on that deal.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by Full Tilt Rally
I'm not sure I agree with that statement. I've heard nothing but positive things about dealing and working with McLaren and their dealers. Including, offering early buyers the free upgrade to the 2013 specs. Additional 25hp free of charge? I don't know of any other company that treats their current customers that well.
Well ..... Do you know of any other automobile company that is threatening owners who refuse to do a one year oil/filter change (on a car with maybe 1700 miles on the clock) to negate their car's warranty ??

Old 09-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Well ..... Do you know of any other automobile company that is threatening owners who refuse to do a one year oil/filter change (on a car with maybe 1700 miles on the clock) to negate their car's warranty ??
Again, do you own one? When did the company ever threaten anyone? They have been top shelf, and several of my other friends with 12C's some with many more miles have not been told they must bring in their cars for yearly service. Where are you getting your information from?

Old 09-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by Senna1994
Again, do you own one? When did the company ever threaten anyone? They have been top shelf, and several of my other friends with 12C's some with many more miles have not been told they must bring in their cars for yearly service. Where are you getting your information from?
Owned a 2012 and sold it due to numerous annoyances and poor dealer attitude.

Info from another forum:
1 year or 10k first service questions... - Page 2 - McLaren Life

Quote:
"I called a certified McLaren dealer today ( not the one I dropped my car off at ). I just wanted to see if all the dealers had the same story, or explanation as to what this 1 year service entails. This dealer was much more thorough in detail, and even sent me the actual checklist they use for this service.
What I also found interesting was this... I was told if you decline the full service and only want oil and filter changed, you would have to sign an "R.O.C." which will then VOID your warranty!"

Don't shoot the messenger.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
Owned a 2012 and sold it due to numerous annoyances and poor dealer attitude.

Info from another forum:
1 year or 10k first service questions... - Page 2 - McLaren Life

Quote:
"I called a certified McLaren dealer today ( not the one I dropped my car off at ). I just wanted to see if all the dealers had the same story, or explanation as to what this 1 year service entails. This dealer was much more thorough in detail, and even sent me the actual checklist they use for this service.
What I also found interesting was this... I was told if you decline the full service and only want oil and filter changed, you would have to sign an "R.O.C." which will then VOID your warranty!"

Don't shoot the messenger.
Never heard that before, which Dealer did you buy your Car from that was so bad? Surprised you did not speak to anyone at McLaren USA up to Anthony Joseph, who go out of their way to treat Clients well.

Last edited by Senna1994; 09-10-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
Lack of regular service by default is cause to void warranty. The service does not need to be performed by the dealer though. It's a bit over the top for McLaren to request for a warranty waiver, never the less.

In any case, it's usually safer to have dealer service the car while under warranty. This way, they can uncover any issues that can be addressed.

I am a DIY guy. I always take photos of my work if the car is under warranty. It's inconceivable for me to think a manufacturer will void warranty if the work is actually performed. It's against the law.

McLarens are simply over produced. Ferrari made a crap load of 458 in first 2-3 years. They have dialed back. McLaren should learn or else they will lose any bits of exclusivity they have left.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Teamspeed Member
McLaren has made a total of 3,000 12C's since the car was introduced, Ferrari has made about 10,000 458's since its introduction, so the overproduced comment is not accurate. As far as service, if you can afford one of these cars and cannot afford to have it serviced, it might not be the car for you.

I still think the Guy with the "7" posts (all Anti McLaren) probably owned a 1/8th scale model.

Quick Reply: Face-lifted McLaren 12C Hits The Ring