Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

The McLaren P1 Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ritesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTCole
I'm not a McLaren guy, so it was odd to see the car. They market it on their website as a car available and call it the P1. The small bit of info I do know, is that about 6 months ago they were holding roughly 20 MC's and not making it public as for sale. I wonder if that has changed?
That was 6 months ago. In 2011/12 - All the McLaren dealers were speculating that there would be a ton of demand and ordered more cars then they had deposits for. That hurt them and the brand. McLaren decided to limit production to a more realistic number(based on deposits and customized orders). This had helped 2013 resale and has reduced any dealer stock.

Regarding the P1: I was at the Dallas launch last week. It is very VERY impressive in person. Pictures don't do it justice. They have orders for 13 already and were courting a guy who was considering being the 14th. Theoretically there are probably a couple of slots available from the US allocation but it isn't like the car isn't selling. There aren't going to make the 12C mistake again.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:38 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
^^ you have seem to have seen the P1 in a few different colors. What's your favorite so far?
Of the three colors I have seen it in, this Purple was by far the best. I'm not a big fan of Volcano Orange - maybe a bit overplayed on the 12Cs. The Volcano Yellow P1 was good as there's better contrast with the carbon bits than on a darker colored car, but this Amethyst Black is really fantastic the way it pops in the sunlight from certain angles. I'd still order a blue for myself - little darker than what we have seen on the one recently delivered in the UK.

>8^)
ER

Old 11-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Erik, my favorite so far is the Genesis Blue.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ecnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura about
Old 11-10-2013, 11:17 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
First P1 in Switzerland.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
Mclaren P1 by Willem Verstraten

Old 11-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
DebruxxxLambo is on a distinguished roadDebruxxxLambo is on a distinguished road
Old 11-15-2013, 03:29 AM
Teamspeed Member
AeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished road
I recently had the privilege of attending the McLaren P1 Private Preview here at McLaren Kuala Lumpur. Not only that, I even got to meet the car's designer Frank Stephenson Santos, who was only too happy to show me around the incredible P1. Thanks again to Frank, McLaren Automotive – The Official Page and McLaren Kuala Lumpur for an awesome experience to remember for life!

This was by far the best night (and day..) of my journey as a McLaren enthusiast thus far.

Higher res photos available at the usual place: Flickr: atgtrn1's Photostream

Last edited by AeolusDawnWalker; 11-15-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Member
AeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished road
From McLaren Geneva -

Old 11-15-2013, 06:07 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Whats this?

Quick Reply: The McLaren P1 Picture Thread