Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

McLaren crashes into Subaru BRZ on race track

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 08:01 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tzimtzum
Sure, I'll get the gas and we'll roast him. The account at the track, from the people there, is that he cut off and turned in on the other car. If that isn't the case, then I apologize, but the damage to the MP4 appears to bear this out.
If simply viewing the damage on a car from an incident like this could determine culpability we wouldn't need accident investigators. There's as much a chance that the Subaru made the wrong move as there is that the McLaren did. For those who didn't see it occur with their own eyes it's all speculation and hearsay.

In this situation I'd trust the review/opinions of a corner worker from the track but we are yet to hear from them that I've seen - likely wisely reserving public comment.

>8^)
ER

Old 10-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Tzimtzum is infamous around these partsTzimtzum is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Peloton25
If simply viewing the damage on a car from an incident like this could determine culpability we wouldn't need accident investigators. There's as much a chance that the Subaru made the wrong move as there is that the McLaren did. For those who didn't see it occur with their own eyes it's all speculation and hearsay.

In this situation I'd trust the review/opinions of a corner worker from the track but we are yet to hear from them that I've seen - likely wisely reserving public comment.

>8^)
ER
Fair enough, I bow to your wisdom. I'll hold off on the BBQ until the results of the official inquiry are reported.

The BRZ driver has made a statement:

All I wanted was for him to take responsibility for his mistake and say he was sorry.

Now he is saying that I said the accident was my fault? I guess he has a lot of money on the line...

The corner workers that watched it all happen placed all the blame on him for making a bone head move. I never moved off the racing line and got hit by a car that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
Drivers are safe #1
Car didn't light up into flames #2
They were on the track #3
It does seem like a significant impact#4
It was a track day not a race#5

Based on where they were going from the slowest part of the track, decreasing radius right hander, into a chicane and they touched sides I would say, less than safe place to pass. Glad everyone was okay. Cars are replaceable, even if the next one is a fiesta instead.