Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dieter.manero
Has anyone notice any of the difference between the concept and the production version. From the front and side view I can tell no diffrence. To me from what I understand the only thing that really diffrent between the two will be the rear grill will be more open for ventelation in the production version.
The front bumper has a pair of outlets for the radiator cooling in each side. The hood is also a bit different.

Name:  02-mclaren-p1-spy-shots-628.jpg
Views: 5324
Size:  174.7 KB

Old 01-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Amzamus
The front bumper has a pair of outlets for the radiator cooling in each side. The hood is also a bit different.

Attachment 117907
The hood looks to be the same to me? Maybe its the orange color? If you look closely, it looks like they are still there.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Agreed that the hood looks the same. I also noticed the windshield wiper and remember reading that they had some new tech that did not require the wiper. Time will tell...

Old 01-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
It has the two holes, but with a diferent shape. I saw this difference in patent drawings too.

Name:  002105403_0001_4_source.jpg
Views: 3500
Size:  80.7 KB

Name:  mclaren-p1-5.jpg
Views: 1397
Size:  129.2 KB

Obviusly isn't exactly the same.

Originally Posted by Dave M
Agreed that the hood looks the same. I also noticed the windshield wiper and remember reading that they had some new tech that did not require the wiper. Time will tell...
They have the technology, but it can be applied in a road car.

Last edited by Amzamus; 01-04-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:42 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
The hood will be different - the openings on the concept hood are very much like the McLaren logo (upside down) with a sweeping arc on the outer edges. The production hood will have slightly smaller openings and there will be a bit of a swerve in that outer edge. Here's a comparison with help from MSpaint.

Also, the car will employ the wiperless technology, but that doesn't stop government regulations from requiring the wiper. You just might not need to use it at speed in the rain. I would imagine if the windscreen is covered in 200 mph bug splats the wiper will still come in handy.

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 01-04-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
MikeGuedes is an unknown quantity at this point
The wheel arches seem to be a bit different, don't you think? The curve coming from the door looks a bit softened on its end..

Old 01-04-2013, 07:02 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
It's just because the wrap stops short. The rest of the bodywork will be unchanged, bar very minor details.

Also, the taillights seen on the concept will carry through to production - ignore the ones we are seeing on the mules.

>8^)
ER

Old 01-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ E, when are we going to see what the interior will look like?

Old 01-04-2013, 08:23 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Unless you get to see it in person as some lucky folks have already, probably not until Geneva - March 5th and 6th are the Press Days.

>8^)
ER

Old 01-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Ah gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. Still has to be the most beautiful supercar to me. I love Aventador's but that is just stunning. I can only pray I get to see one in person.

Quick Reply: This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar