Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute
Photos not doing it justice is a lame excuse that people use...this looks downright terrible.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
R O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really nice
Originally Posted by Amzamus
The pictures don't make justice, that's obvious. But is a perfect example of an hypercar. Every single hypercar (Ferrari F40, McLaren F1, Ferrari Enzo, Pagani Zonda, SSC Tuatara...) had a lot critics when they were shown to the public, lots. More than the 50% of the people usually dislike hypercars when presented. Why? Because the look like concept cars. Now lots of people like the Enzo or the Zonda. I think that in three or four years most of the people will like it.
As for me, I liked at first glance every single car you said except SSC, which I still hate.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
I really like the car but I can't escape the feeling that they just updated the bodywork of an mp4-12c, increased the engine capacity, made some suspension tweaks, renamed it,and will now charge 5x's the price of the 12C. It just doesn't have the from the ground up construction feel of most of the "hypercars" that we see released.

Take ferrari as an example, we can be assured that their new supercar will not be anything like we have ever seen.. If i'm paying 1 million + dollars I want to know that this thing is 100% unique and special.

I don't want to leave an overwhelming feeling of criticism, as I do like much about this car, but when I first see a car I tend to lean towards my criticisms. The praises will come shortly after my extreme first reaction

Last edited by joshg120; 09-18-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice
Originally Posted by Mixtape
Photos not doing it justice is a lame excuse that people use...this looks downright terrible.
Wrong! The Huayra looks horrible in photos and it blew me away in person.

The press photos for the Aventador were terrible as well.

Btw, I think the car looks really cool. I honestly don't get all this hate.

Last edited by NGJR; 09-18-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NGJR
Wrong! The Huayra looks horrible in photos and it blew me away in person.

The press photos for the Aventador were terrible as well.
Wrong!

Huayra and Aventador are both gorgeous in photos. It's all a matter of opinion, whether it's in person or on your monitor and it depends on who takes the photos, makes the renders, or whatever the case may be. Mclaren overdid it with the P1's rear. I like the front but i don't agree with the rear at all.

Just my $0.02.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Posts in the nude.
I just want to add that there is no doubt in my mind that most of us will have a different opinion on one or more aspects of this car as soon as photos of it up close or on the street come out. But the fact is, we don't have any yet. I'm just stating what i think about what we have in front of us right now.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:54 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Somehow i knew this would happen..
Just look at the 12C when it was first showed..it looks like a the designer of hot wheels toy cars got a new job..

But i will say it surprised me, i was expecting the same boredom as the 12C..
but instead they went on and tried waaaay to hard. So its still effed up.

But hey lets hope it looks better when it goes to production, or just hope its fast enough for the human eye to register.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
R O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really nice
Originally Posted by The Artist
Somehow i knew this would happen..
Just look at the 12C when it was first showed..it looks like a the designer of hot wheels toy cars got a new job..

But i will say it surprised me, i was expecting the same boredom as the 12C..
but instead they went on and tried waaaay to hard. So its still effed up.

But hey lets hope it looks better when it goes to production, or just hope its fast enough for the human eye to register.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond repute
Looks sick!

Old 09-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice
Originally Posted by Mixtape
Wrong!

Huayra and Aventador are both gorgeous in photos. It's all a matter of opinion, whether it's in person or on your monitor and it depends on who takes the photos, makes the renders, or whatever the case may be. Mclaren overdid it with the P1's rear. I like the front but i don't agree with the rear at all.

Just my $0.02.
You do realize you're in the minority when it comes to the Huayra, right? And yes the press pics of the Aventador sucked (looked like renders).

Quick Reply: This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar