Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

The $27k Special Opps bumper for the McLaren MP4-12C

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Markjayw
Problem is this is what the car should have looked like from the start, or the HS version. These are upgrades, so what about the cost of the original bumper that won't be used, so the cost is an EXTRA $27000, way too high, let alone the vented louvers.
yep on multiple counts.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Stop complaining. does it really matter to all the people who cant afford this car? if rich people wanna spend there money then let them why should us people who cant or will not spend the money for a car complain about it. its as simple as that. If i had the money to buy this car i probably would go all out get everything i could to make it look badass but thing is i cant so why should i complain about the price of a bumper that i cant even afford.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I think the bumper and louvers look great! While $27k and $16k is a lot for these items, in the overall cost of the car, it's not unreasonable. Plenty of people will throw up the cash to have their Macca look a little different from their neighbor's car.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:49 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ljg
And louvers for $16k just doesn't compute either. No wonder I can't remember seeing one with them.
Funny - I can recall seeing five in a row.

As jaymoney noted - someone paid in the range of $400K a piece for each one of those cars and why shouldn't McLaren be willing to cater to the wants of the customer?

Here's another one with the louvers that isn't an HS seen recently in Top Gear magzine. This 12C was done up to match the owner's heavily customized McLaren F1 for the ultimate pairing.

As for whether the 12C should have looked like this or the HS from the start - that may be a widely held opinion, but they've found buyers for well over 1,000 12Cs worldwide already with the original production bodywork.

>8^)
ER

Old 07-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Teamspeed Member
Bellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
I think its fine. Take the car at 250k.....divide by 3 and you get roughly 83,500. The price of a sick Cayman R or Bxoster Spyder. Then take the 27k for the bumper and divide by 3....you get 9k....roughly the coust of a sick TechArt Bumper for the Porsches.

So it really is relative to the cost of the car --- i see nothing wrong with the price and absolutely LOVE the look of this bumper. My main issue (as if it matters) with the MP4 was the front end - but this TOTALLY fixes it. Awesome.
That is how I look at it.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:22 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peloton25
Funny - I can recall seeing five in a row.

ER
Did you figure out where those cars went?

Old 07-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Teamspeed Member
Minhimalism is on a distinguished roadMinhimalism is on a distinguished roadMinhimalism is on a distinguished roadMinhimalism is on a distinguished roadMinhimalism is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Did you figure out where those cars went?

The orange one was spotted in Monaco if that helps!

Old 07-25-2012, 11:52 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Most of them initially came to Florida except one of the white ones that was first spotted in the south of Spain IIRC. Whoever commissioned them obviously has very deep pockets and probably can take them anywhere.

Originally Posted by Minhimalism
The orange one was spotted in Monaco if that helps!
It was actually Saint-Tropez according to Shmee's FB wall:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...76218959080034

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 07-25-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:11 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
^^^

All for the same owner?

Old 07-26-2012, 12:59 AM
McLaren Fanatic
That was the original story but I won't claim to know if true.

Also, the white one in Spain was the only one in the set of 5 that wasn't configured for North America.

>8^)
ER

Quick Reply: The $27k Special Opps bumper for the McLaren MP4-12C