Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

Acceleration Figures

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 05:20 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
For the love of GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD, he's not questioning if the world is flat or if Perez Hilton is gay; He's asking for real world acceleration numbers. Don't turn this thread into something it isn't.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:26 AM
Teamspeed Member
ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by strebo
For the love of GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD, he's not questioning if the world is flat or if Perez Hilton is gay; He's asking for real world acceleration numbers. Don't turn this thread into something it isn't.
Dont worry,he now has the figures he needs,but i couldnt transpose them from another site as im a caveman were computers are concerned

Old 04-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
For the MP4-12C to match the manufacturer’s numbers the car has to be fitted with the optional corsa tyres. None of the tests I have seen have had these tyres fitted

Old 04-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Some customers are recording 60-130 in 7 sec flat. I think that is the more consistent metric. Some magazines use a roll out method, some complete flat stop. Plus the tire choices too. This car is extremely fast, and that engine can easily produce 50-100hp on top with more boost. Its a very very conservative tune from Mclaren.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:15 PM
d3a
Teamspeed Senior Member
d3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Ramius
Some customers are recording 60-130 in 7 sec flat. I think that is the more consistent metric. Some magazines use a roll out method, some complete flat stop. Plus the tire choices too. This car is extremely fast, and that engine can easily produce 50-100hp on top with more boost. Its a very very conservative tune from Mclaren.
I think it's conservative because this is "only" the base car,we will see also a powerful "rs-superleggera-scuderia" version of mp4

Old 04-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wtdoom
Not at all , I'm merely interested in the performance of this car and the manufacturers quoted figures . I think how accurate those figures are says something about the companies in question .
here I agree like when C Harris called out Ferrari.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the help . Sorry to stir things up . After looking around the web and talking to some well respected journalists I'm happy that the mclaren gets the figures in question .
Bloody thing is very fast .