Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

Acceleration Figures

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Acceleration Figures

Hello again .

I am confused by the acceleration figures mclaren claim for this car . The tests I have seen ( sport auto , autocar ) get no way near the mclaren official figures .

Has anyone seen any others ?
I'm interested to hear owners opinions on this .
Thanks .

Old 04-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
I think a lot of the test that were done out there were done with preproduction cars. Fifth gear didn't have anything nice to say about it. It was the second fastest on the topgear track. So take your pick who's right?

Old 04-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
I think a lot of the test that were done out there were done with preproduction cars. Fifth gear didn't have anything nice to say about it. It was the second fastest on the topgear track. So take your pick who's right?
I'm not interested on road test stuff like top gear and fifth gear , I have no interest in subjective things like " feel " or " emotion " in this thread . I can make my own mind up on those things and don't need clarckson the tell me !

I want pure empirical data only in this case , do you know any tests that have matched the manufacturers quoted figures please ?

Last edited by wtdoom; 04-12-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Banned
I'm not sure if motortrend just used mclarens data or if they tested it themselves. O-60 3.2 sec
Skip to 2:25
2012 McLaren MP4-12C: Engineering Gone Wild - Ignition Episode 8 - YouTube

Old 04-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wtdoom
I'm not interested on road test stuff like top gear and fifth gear , I have no interest in subjective things like " feel " or " emotion " in this thread . I can make my own mind up on those things and don't need clarckson the tell me !

I want pure empirical data only in this case , do you know any tests that have matched the manufacturers quoted figures please ?
Do you really work solely by the numbers? They are related to driver, conditions and other variables.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Banned
Lol he's just questioning how full of crap mclaren is. You would figure that mclaren would send a slightly tuned car for test like every other mfg.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wtdoom
Hello again .

I am confused by the acceleration figures mclaren claim for this car . The tests I have seen ( sport auto , autocar ) get no way near the mclaren official figures .

Has anyone seen any others ?
I'm interested to hear owners opinions on this .
Thanks .
I'm American - we don't drive cars quickly.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Marc
Do you really work solely by the numbers? They are related to driver, conditions and other variables.
Not at all , I'm merely interested in the performance of this car and the manufacturers quoted figures . I think how accurate those figures are says something about the companies in question .

Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished roadTheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished roadTheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished roadTheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished roadTheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished roadTheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished road
Maybe Mclaren had Ferrari do their official spec testing, that always seems to get faster numbers

Old 04-13-2012, 05:16 AM
Teamspeed Member
ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
Lol he's just questioning how full of crap mclaren is. You would figure that mclaren would send a slightly tuned car for test like every other mfg.
So what you are saying is that every manufacturer is full of crap,but Mclaren a little less so.I can live with that!
What you dont know is that i have documentation on a MCLAREN
letterhead sent to me when i queried such?
stating that any car given to a program or magazine would be of customer spec,and any alterations done to the vehicle at track side could be emulated by said customer (ie with a spanner,not a laptop)
If this letter is proved to be false,i think im sitting on a legal goldmine dont you ?? Care to state any other manufacturer that would do the same??? No offence intended ,but they are doing things differently and those of us in the know feel obliged to tell other petrolheads as the press have other agendas!!

Last edited by ANDYC; 04-13-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Acceleration Figures