Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

Drove the MP4-12C Yesterday, Initial Thoughts....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 05:40 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Andy the brute force is astonishing and I was very much impressed by the car all around. I have been rooted for this project from day 1 so it's nice to finally get some long overdue seat time!

Now I know I keep harping on this but what's your take on the door openers? Ever have an issue and what happens say if you have a ring on?

Old 03-11-2012, 05:43 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Another worthy mention is this is the same spec (well very similar) as Ron's

Old 03-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Like everything in life,you just get a feel for it,cars are like women,i just stroke it with my fingertips!No im not kidding works everytime when you know where the spot is.NO IM NOT KIDDING,its true,Please dont ban me for this,how else do i explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
DJ, I think you should get one. And when you do, I'd like to come and visit in NYC.....

Old 03-11-2012, 06:36 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
I can't believe how fast this car is with no turbo lag at all.
just one thing that came up my mind...

so you say not Turbo lag at all...but is there this Turbo like surge of speed,the instant brutal force from down low or rather a rapid build up of speed along with revs like on NA cars?

Old 03-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
That's an amazing spec! I love this car in black. Funny to hear about the hatred towards the openers I always thought it might be a cool little trick.

What are your thoughts about the monticello club? I have always been intrigued by what they have up there.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats DJ!!! LOL

Old 03-11-2012, 07:26 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
You guys are the worst influences ever !

Old 03-11-2012, 07:28 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by ANDYC
Like everything in life,you just get a feel for it,cars are like women,i just stroke it with my fingertips!No im not kidding works everytime when you know where the spot is.NO IM NOT KIDDING,its true,Please dont ban me for this,how else do i explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andy one of the camera guys said it looked like I was doing something rather naughty to the car when I was repeatedly trying to swipe under the door.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Chad@McLarenPHL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chad@McLarenPHL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chad@McLarenPHL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chad@McLarenPHL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chad@McLarenPHL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chad@McLarenPHL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chad@McLarenPHL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chad@McLarenPHL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chad@McLarenPHL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chad@McLarenPHL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chad@McLarenPHL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
If you are wearing a ring, just hold the unlock button on the key and the door will open without swiping.

Quick Reply: Drove the MP4-12C Yesterday, Initial Thoughts....