Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

MP Market

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 07:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Dallas. GM is a friend.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Moncho is on a distinguished roadMoncho is on a distinguished roadMoncho is on a distinguished roadMoncho is on a distinguished road
They're probably selling you one of their demos. I would bet it's either a white one with white wheels or a fire black one with black and orange seats.
Otherwise it will be the car of someone that backed-out at the last minute.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:42 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Wait a short while. Market will drop shortly.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Teamspeed's Mexico Ambassador
frissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant future
never realized the Mc was a $300k car, wow! no doubt worth it and it also helps cool down the 458 market so its an option and it levels the market as well

Old 02-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ritesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond repute
I personally feel that the MP4 market is going to "fizzle out" faster than the Italia market. There are a couple of reasons for that:

1. The Ferrari has much much larger ownership base with owners lined up for the next great model. They are eager to trade in their past Ferraris for newer models. U see F458 owners already trading in their coupe's so that they will be higher up on the list for a spider etc etc.
2. McLaren dealerships don't play all the games that the Ferrari dealership does. If you ordered it and don't want it... they will try to flip it to the next guy on the list. There isn't a game going on where they are trying to sell it over MSRP after a 2 week "ownerhship" and 200 miles on the Odo.
3. The McLaren brand is still somewhat unproven. Ferrari is much better at marketing their cars than McLaren.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ritesh
I personally feel that the MP4 market is going to "fizzle out" faster than the Italia market. There are a couple of reasons for that:

1. The Ferrari has much much larger ownership base with owners lined up for the next great model. They are eager to trade in their past Ferraris for newer models. U see F458 owners already trading in their coupe's so that they will be higher up on the list for a spider etc etc.
2. McLaren dealerships don't play all the games that the Ferrari dealership does. If you ordered it and don't want it... they will try to flip it to the next guy on the list. There isn't a game going on where they are trying to sell it over MSRP after a 2 week "ownerhship" and 200 miles on the Odo.
3. The McLaren brand is still somewhat unproven. Ferrari is much better at marketing their cars than McLaren.

Good points.
So why did you chose a Mclaren over the 458? I am considering picking one of these up in the summer. And some day I lean towards one and then I change my mind for different reasons. From what I understand the 458 will be more of a thrilling visceral ride, while the Mclaren will be more comfortable and a tad less flashy.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ritesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond repute
Well first of all.... You seriously can't go wrong with either car. It's more a matter of personal style and taste.

The Ferrari F458: Strengths are the side and rear profile styling BUT... I just couldn't fall in love with the front end. Its like an extroverted supermodel.....Sometimes you really don't want all that attention. The DCT is the best in the world(though the new 991's DCT is quite good). The engine note and NA engine smooth power band is amazing. However I hated the interior and the silly steering wheel with all the controls on it. I didn't like the steering feedback. It was too light and boosted. The passenger side for some reason seems like it lacked the leg room compared to the driver's side. The car weighs way too much(3450 lbs). Finally....I got tired of the games that the local Ferrari dealership plays when you try to put a deposit on one.

The McLaren: The styling is nice but not over the top. This can be good or bad any way you like it. The interior is much more organized and cleaner looking(I prefer a cleaner look). The steering wheel feedback is excellent. The acceleartion is truly MIND BENDING(unless you are used to a Gallardo TT or modded GTR or Viper TT). I like the infusion of technology... the Hydraulic suspension is truly amazing. It gives the car 3 very distinct personalities. The DCT IMHO isn't as fast as the Ferrari's. The exhaust note is more muscle car than F1. I felt that the MP4 has more room than the F458. The options list isn't as crazy as the F458's. I grew up McLaren Honda fan due to Ayrton Senna. I like the History and Heritage of the McLaren. I also like their underdog image in this fight. Its a smaller company and I feel that you are much more connected to the Company than you would be at Ferrari. The buying experience so far has been completely painless, simple and straight forward.... No games.

Does this mean that the MP4 is better than a F458. Absolutely not... both or them are amazing in their own way. I just prefer the MP4.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ritesh
Well first of all.... You seriously can't go wrong with either car. It's more a matter of personal style and taste.

The Ferrari F458: Strengths are the side and rear profile styling BUT... I just couldn't fall in love with the front end. Its like an extroverted supermodel.....Sometimes you really don't want all that attention. The DCT is the best in the world(though the new 991's DCT is quite good). The engine note and NA engine smooth power band is amazing. However I hated the interior and the silly steering wheel with all the controls on it. I didn't like the steering feedback. It was too light and boosted. The passenger side for some reason seems like it lacked the leg room compared to the driver's side. The car weighs way too much(3450 lbs). Finally....I got tired of the games that the local Ferrari dealership plays when you try to put a deposit on one.

The McLaren: The styling is nice but not over the top. This can be good or bad any way you like it. The interior is much more organized and cleaner looking(I prefer a cleaner look). The steering wheel feedback is excellent. The acceleartion is truly MIND BENDING(unless you are used to a Gallardo TT or modded GTR or Viper TT). I like the infusion of technology... the Hydraulic suspension is truly amazing. It gives the car 3 very distinct personalities. The DCT IMHO isn't as fast as the Ferrari's. The exhaust note is more muscle car than F1. I felt that the MP4 has more room than the F458. The options list isn't as crazy as the F458's. I grew up McLaren Honda fan due to Ayrton Senna. I like the History and Heritage of the McLaren. I also like their underdog image in this fight. Its a smaller company and I feel that you are much more connected to the Company than you would be at Ferrari. The buying experience so far has been completely painless, simple and straight forward.... No games.

Does this mean that the MP4 is better than a F458. Absolutely not... both or them are amazing in their own way. I just prefer the MP4.
Very well stated. I would suspect that the games that occur with Ferrari transactions alone would be enough to sway potential buyers.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the reply Ritesh;
After reading and watching many reviews comparing the two cars, I was set on the 458. But this negative feeling keeps coming over me, and its about the unwanted attention. And where would I safely park it, thus significantly decreasing the amount of time I would drive the car. Which means it would be a waste of money and garage space.
The Mclaren on the other hand, is not dull, but much less flashy and more comfortable. I feel much more drawn to it, as it suits my personality more.
Hopefully I can convince the wife to let me trade the CTT in for it and still keep my GT2. Love to still have a manual tranny crazy car in the garage. It makes all other cars I have driven feel slow (eg. Vantage, R8 v10, california, TT, CTT and CS). So it would really be hard to part with it.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:48 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
This is an awesome review if anyone missed it:

Living With the McLaren MP4-12C - CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS - YouTube

Quick Reply: MP Market