Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

BBC: "How to build a supercar - McLaren MP4-12C"

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011 | 12:26 PM
|
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow BBC: "How to build a supercar - McLaren MP4-12C"

Not sure how long these clips will last on YouTube, but enjoy it while you can if you can't access the BBC iPlayer.

How to build a supercar - McLaren MP4-12C
With extraordinary access to one of the country's most secretive companies, this shows how Formula One racing team McLaren is now building a road car using some of their F1 technology.

During the summer of 2011, McLaren launched the MP4-12C. It is claimed that this 168,500 pound super car is one of the most cutting-edge and glamorous machines ever built and shows British design and precision engineering at its best.

The programme goes inside the McLaren factory, meets the team of engineers and McLaren boss Ron Dennis, and discovers how the car has been designed, tested and built from scratch, including its unique carbon-fibre 'monocell' technology and its engine - the first the company has ever built. Plus the film finds out what racing drivers Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton think about the car and there is a look at how its sound was created in a studio.

To build the car the company also had to build a brand new facility. The film follows events as production starts and discovers if the huge investment - and gamble - looks like paying off.
Source [BBC]

How to Build a Supercar "MP4-12C" | Part 1/4 - YouTube

How to Build a Supercar "MP4-12C" | Part 2/4 - YouTube

How to Build a Supercar "MP4-12C" | Part 3/4 - YouTube

How to Build a Supercar "MP4-12C" | Part 4/4 - YouTube

>8^)
ER

Old 11-21-2011 | 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
It was such an awesome programme, haven't watched something that interesting for quite a while. The effort that goes into the paintwork is mind blowing!

Last edited by P K Wright; 11-21-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-21-2011 | 02:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
trax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond repute
I thought it was a really good program, well worth watching if you can find the full version on the internet

If you have one of those programs that allow you to show a dummy UK IP address then its on BBC iplayer

Old 11-21-2011 | 05:03 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome show. I really respect the new Mclaren so much more after watching this. Thanks for posting.

Old 11-21-2011 | 05:12 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
puttin everything on hold...watchin NOW

Old 11-21-2011 | 05:22 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Why josh it will be on bbc Canada in 6 years.

Old 11-21-2011 | 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
That made me like the new McLaren a lot more than I already did. That was incredible

Old 11-21-2011 | 08:49 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Great insight on McLaren as a company and the new MP4-12C.

Old 11-21-2011 | 09:07 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Just watched every clip, huge thanks E!

Old 11-21-2011 | 10:12 PM
|
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you enjoyed it guys. I know i did! When it comes to McLaren I aim to please.

I have a friend over in the UK putting this on DVD for me. When it gets here I wouldn't mind sharing copies with anyone in the USA who might be super eager to have one. If there is great demand for it I might ask for people to cover the cost of postage.

>8^)
ER

Quick Reply: BBC: "How to build a supercar - McLaren MP4-12C"