Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

BBC: "How to build a supercar - McLaren MP4-12C"

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ridgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura about
Got to admit was a really good programme, if you get the chance to see it it is well worth watching.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:30 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
I figured everyone would like it except for Ludas. He will suggest it lacks emotional appeal... or something.

>8^)
ER

Old 11-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond repute
What a great show! Love this car even more now.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool, even my wife watched although she don't understand english very well, she thought it was cleaner than the house

Old 11-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Soooo I guess I'm the only one to not have loved this? Too infomercial for my liking, nothing really technical.
I wanted to punch the acoustics engineer in the face "I made it sound like that" *brrrrr* (<-that's a vacuum noise, btw)
And the pistons do not go in the head!

Car looks great in silver though.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:08 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
It was essentially a corporate marketing video made for McLaren by the BBC. Was interesting, not fascinating.

Old 11-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
That was a spectacular look into the MPC and the culture of McLaren. This must be the only automotive manufacturer that doesn't use power tools. I would have never considered it possible to efficiently build cars without power tools. Certainly will avoid any cross threading of bolts and ensure that every part has been touched by the McLaren spirit.

I love the fact that you have to enter through the tunnel and go up the elevator into work.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
golfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to all
Fantastic program and video. Thanks for sharing. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Old 11-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Great video, thanks for posting

Old 11-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond repute
That was great, thanks for posting.

Quick Reply: BBC: "How to build a supercar - McLaren MP4-12C"