Notices
Maserati | Alfa Romeo | General Italian Quattroporte, Gran Turismo, MC12, 4C, Guilia & More Discussion Forum.

Need a tint shop for my Quattroporte in SoCal.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 03:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute
Need a tint shop for my Quattroporte in SoCal.

My regular guy doesn't want to take the doors apart so any references from QP owners would be appreciated.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Eccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the rough
May be a little far for you but try these guys!

Teamspeed.com - View Profile: Premier Protective Films

Old 12-13-2012, 01:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute
Went to my regular tint guy and he blew through 5 pieces of film trying to do a rear window before finally giving up. There's a 1" wide window gasket going around the door frame with felt on the window side that makes it impossible to get a clean install. Also zero room at the base of the rear window! I read multiple threads about QP owners having their doors and rear deck disassembled for proper tint jobs so I searched high and low for THE BEST shop I could find.

Someone recommended Specialized Auto Tint in Irvine so I spoke to Jae and confirmed that he had worked on QPs before. Made an appointment for 12:00 and he was ready for me exactly at 12:00. Sure enough he had a photo of a QP he had done on his wall of fame as well as some Lambos and Ferraris so I knew I was in the right place. He walked me through all of the different 3M films he had and once I decided on the material and shade, he shuttled me to the Irvine Spectrum to hang out. Jae and his other installer spent 5 hrs on my car!!!!! He said it was a nightmare but they got it done without disassembling the car and it's perfect!

That alone is enough to warrant a review post but here is the icing on the cake:

1. He uses a computer and digital plotter to cut film so it's an exact fit. I've been to a lot of tint shops and they usually lay a piece of film on the window and start cutting with a tint knife. Precision cuts and perfect edges!

2. He left the 3M imprinting on the film until I got there to inspect the finished job. A nice step that tells me that without a doubt he used genuine 3M film. Once I saw the 3M watermarks, he removed them all.

3. He puts a strip of tape on the power window switches to make sure you don't roll down the windows while the adhesive is curing. I've had 20+ cars tinted and 4-5 times my wife has messed up tint jobs by throwing a piece of lint out the window or something! :laugh:

4. He did a PERFECT install job. Not a single bubble or bleb anywhere and that's incredible considering the difficulty of the job.

He clearly understands customer service and attention to detail. Can't tell you how happy I am with his work and the way he runs his business.

BEFORE pics from the visit to my regular tint guy... the guy I've been using for 17 years:

AFTER pics from Jae's shop: Normally I go Dark 20% all the way around but on this car I did Med 35% on the front and rear sides and Dark 20% on the rear window only. It looks light in the shop because you're looking through 1 layer of tint but in the real world you will be looking through 2 layers when you look through the car. I'll get some pics after it's washed but it's just light enough that you can see the cuoio interior.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
The Tint Pros in Huntington Beach....probably sent 50 cars there way over the years

Old 12-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
4thirty is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HBdirtbag
The Tint Pros in Huntington Beach....probably sent 50 cars there way over the years
Sent my car there too. Amazing job