Notices
Maserati | Alfa Romeo | General Italian Quattroporte, Gran Turismo, MC12, 4C, Guilia & More Discussion Forum.

Maserati Gransport Photo Shoot!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AdamM is on a distinguished roadAdamM is on a distinguished roadAdamM is on a distinguished road
Maserati Gransport Photo Shoot!!!!!!

This was my first ever photoshoot, i am quite happy with the pictures, let me know your thoughts everyone, thanks.

Attached Images           
Old 03-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
You may not like the thoughts, here goes.

Number plate is crooked. Rip it off, photoshop it off or put it straight.

White balance is way off. Even if you intended to go for a cold winter tone.

Most of these are overexposed.

Framed WAY tight.

Not level in most cases.

No use of the background.

Always avoid trees or lamp posts or anything sprouting out of the car, if you can.

The 4th pic has potential, I would've shot it looking straight ahead, down low and from the center of the road, car where it is and zoomed in to the max to emphasize on the trees line up.

Last edited by Zorro; 03-23-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AdamM is on a distinguished roadAdamM is on a distinguished roadAdamM is on a distinguished road
what do you mean when you say "framed way tight" ??

Old 03-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
3rd picture, the car barely fits in the frame. You want to get familiar with the rule of thirds (more of a guideline than rule), give the subject some space.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Thanks for the tips, will bear that in mind.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Zorro
You may not like the thoughts, here goes.

Number plate is crooked. Rip it off, photoshop it off or put it straight.

White balance is way off. Even if you intended to go for a cold winter tone.

Most of these are overexposed.

Framed WAY tight.

Not level in most cases.

No use of the background.

Always avoid trees or lamp posts or anything sprouting out of the car, if you can.

The 4th pic has potential, I would've shot it looking straight ahead, down low and from the center of the road, car where it is and zoomed in to the max to emphasize on the trees line up.
These are all points I was thinking of. In most cases your composition is random with the 5th picture being the most apparent for this. It seems as if you've just walked up quickly and taken a picture at the usual shoulder height.

Just for the record, what camera are you using? A compact?

Phil

Last edited by P K Wright; 03-23-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by P K Wright
These are all points I was thinking of. In most cases your composition is random with the 5th picture being the most apparent for this. It seems as if you've just walked up quickly and taken a picture at the usual shoulder height.

Phil
I use a Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ3 Digi Cam, looking to get the Lumix G2 DSLR soon.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by P K Wright

Phil
I recognise you off Flickr, you may recognise my photostream.

Flickr: Adam Melville's Photostream

Old 03-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Ah yeah I've seen your photostream before, i've now added you as a contact

Just so you know, the Panasonic G2 is not a DSLR, it's a Micro Four Thirds camera.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I am unsure what camera i want to be honest, Nikon D3100 looks good value.

Quick Reply: Maserati Gransport Photo Shoot!!!!!!