Notices
Maserati | Alfa Romeo | General Italian Quattroporte, Gran Turismo, MC12, 4C, Guilia & More Discussion Forum.

Real Tuning for a Gen. 4 Alfa Spider

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 01:28 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Tonybommb has a reputation beyond reputeTonybommb has a reputation beyond reputeTonybommb has a reputation beyond reputeTonybommb has a reputation beyond reputeTonybommb has a reputation beyond reputeTonybommb has a reputation beyond reputeTonybommb has a reputation beyond reputeTonybommb has a reputation beyond reputeTonybommb has a reputation beyond reputeTonybommb has a reputation beyond reputeTonybommb has a reputation beyond repute
Post Real Tuning for a Gen. 4 Alfa Spider

Hey everyone I have a 1991 Alfa spider, that is a gen 4 spider, last in America, and I amazed by the lack of people that really tune or customize these cars.
I understand the purist that do not want to deface the amazing classic Alfas, back when these cars were ahead of the curve and delivered real performance, but honestly as much as I love my car, and as beautiful and progressive as they were still. They were getting long in the tooth as far as technology goes, even though the drive train was still amazing with great characteristics, but once again they had weaknesses. the car had good handling for a factory car, but they were not that up to date, and hard to bring to date. No such thing as a coil over setup for this car. The brakes are weak and again very limited choices and no real big break kits easily found, and the transmission synchros not the best with sloppy shifting as they wear. Now once again I love my car, and I want to fix this, because I love Alfas, and italian cars in general, side effect of being of Italian descent. I am wanting to improve up on my car, with real world modern tuning techniques, but the parts and help to do this are not easily available. There are a few people out their that are doing stuff with this car, but trust me it really rare. I would like to see some more discussed about this car, and peoples ideas and what they know about them, and I will post what I do as well, so we can swap ideas and knowledge.

Thanks in advance, Tony