Notices
Maserati | Alfa Romeo | General Italian Quattroporte, Gran Turismo, MC12, 4C, Guilia & More Discussion Forum.

Alfa 8C Spider

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 05:32 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Alfa 8C Spider

Are we ever going to see this here in cab form ?

YouTube - Alfa 8C Spider

Alfa Romeo unveiled the 8C Competizione Spider at the Geneva Motor Show (March 6-16). The sports car is equipped with the new 4.7 litre 8 cylinder delivering a top power of 450bhp at 7,000rpm, with a peak torque of 480Nm at 4750rpm and a maximum engine speed of 7,500rpm. This engine has been mated to a self-shifting 6-speed gearshift with computerised gear selection via levers behind the steering-wheel, and a self-blocking differential unit. The hooded top of the two seat vehicle is fitted with electro-hydraulic automatic control. Initially, 500 models of the 8C Competizione Spider will be produced, going to the USA, Italy, Germany and Japan.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
One can only hope that the 8C Spider will make it stateside, although since only about half of the 8C coupes originally slotted for sale in the US were ever delivered, I wouldn't hold my breath.

On second thought, after watching the video, maybe the 8C Spider will be available here after all. The clip was filmed in the US so maybe they are preparing it for a launch here? It is without a doubt the best looking droptop ever built. I even like it in white (with the black mirrors too)!

Last edited by Alzilla; 04-22-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:53 PM
jim
Teamspeed Senior Member
jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Not bad, but the lines of the coupe are so 'right' that it's difficult to compare the two. . .

Old 04-22-2009, 09:59 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry. Not feeling the spyder.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:30 PM
sal
Teamspeed Senior Member
sal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant future
The spyder is beautiful but without the lines of the roof the car doesn't look as exotic or sexy. Great looking but looks too similar to a saturn sky for such an exclusive car

Old 05-13-2009, 11:31 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
I know of three new coupes that are still unsold. The performance/price ratio seemed out of line to me...

Old 05-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing car. I love it. Underpowered for the price though. I really want to know where they filmed that video! Very nice, and I can see it's here in the U.S. Anybody here know where it was filmed?

Old 06-09-2009, 07:44 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
One can only hope that the 8C Spider will make it stateside, although since only about half of the 8C coupes originally slotted for sale in the US were ever delivered, I wouldn't hold my breath.
In Germany first cars will be delivered in November if my information source is correct. Also I have heard that there will be only 30 8C Spiders coming to the US with estimated price tad $320K.

And here are some pics I have found from this year's Barcelona auto show in Spain.

This Alfa 8C Spider seems to be one of the first real pre-production cars.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
I know of three new coupes that are still unsold. The performance/price ratio seemed out of line to me...
Yes but keep in mind the "exclusivity/price ratio"....

Old 06-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
That's just so damn gorgeous...

Quick Reply: Alfa 8C Spider