Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Project Resurrection: BMW E36 ///M3

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 04:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Any updates apart from the washing

Old 02-24-2013, 04:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura about
Ciao,
sweet car, congrats for the project !

Old 02-26-2013, 05:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
El Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MC321
Just installed Vibra-technics engine mounts, check them out
Will do bro, thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by Axman
Any updates apart from the washing
Hehehe, not yet. Going to order a few additional items soon; strategizing what to get first and foremost. It's a national holiday out here, so things will be quiet for the remainder of the week. Once the clutch unit arrives, will have it installed right away so start expecting some updates around then.

Originally Posted by Alexscud
Ciao,
sweet car, congrats for the project !
Grazie mille!

Old 03-03-2013, 01:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
El Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura about
Ok peeps! It has been a while since my last update. I'm going to give a brief run-through of the condition of the interior (apologies for the crap images).

1) Steering wheel (w/ airbag light at the bottom) will be replaced with my new wheel highlighted at the beginning of this thread.

2) Replacing new deck with a period-correct head unit.

3) Luckily, the shift knob is in mint condition. The boot on the other hand, due to years of usage will be swapped out. I am probably going to have a boot customized in Alcantara to match the steering wheel. Will also have a minimal tri-color stitch pattern applied to it... but I will stress MINIMAL.

4) I can't tell you how happy I am that this car retains its original cassette tape holder! It's such a period-specific option that makes you hark back to the 90s.

Another post to follow shortly with more of a focus on the seats and door panels.

Attached Images     
Old 03-03-2013, 03:37 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
The interior looks good but a bit dry judging by the photos, have it detailed at AutoProdetail aka Saud Al-Omani or through ShowShine Al-Falah Car wash.

I am excited as you are in this build.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:54 AM
Teamspeed Member
moe b will become famous soon enoughmoe b will become famous soon enoughmoe b will become famous soon enoughmoe b will become famous soon enoughmoe b will become famous soon enoughmoe b will become famous soon enoughmoe b will become famous soon enoughmoe b will become famous soon enoughmoe b will become famous soon enough
Nice! subd for final results! mabrook y36eek 5airha o yakfeek sharha

Old 03-03-2013, 04:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
The interior looks good but a bit dry judging by the photos, have it detailed at AutoProdetail aka Saud Al-Omani or through ShowShine Al-Falah Car wash.

I am excited as you are in this build.
Definitely a bit dry... but overall, it's in pretty good shape considering its age. The seats are a bit worn on the sides (a post to follow up with those notes right after this). I usually work with ShowShine as they are good friends, and also pay attention to detail. Thanks man!

Originally Posted by moe b
Nice! subd for final results! mabrook y36eek 5airha o yakfeek sharha
Thanks a lot bro! Allah yibarik feek!

Old 03-03-2013, 04:14 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
You can bring the seats back to life with re dye and some Rejuvination techniques.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Here is the continuation with regards to the interior:

1) You will find that both the driver and front passenger's seats are worn at the side bolsters, which is absolutely normal. I tried to find replacement seats on different forums and my seats actually compare to what I had found.

2) The seats need some lovin' and I feel they'll come back to life again. The cracks are an issue at this point, as well as the debate of having them dye'd or not; however, the interior work will come at a later stage. I did manage to find a company in the States that supplies OEM leather replacements for these seats. I might just do that but I'm not sure yet.

3) The left and right door panel inserts will probably be replaced with Alcantara-inserts to match the steering wheel and shifter boot. Handbrake leather part to also receive the same treatment hopefully.

4) You will see that the built-in cubbies at the bottom of the both doors have their leather bits hanging about. Those are to be treated and glued back to their respective positions.

5) The rear seats are splendid! Couldn't be happier about that!

6) The glovebox will be repaired or completely replaced. The only annoying thing is it seems there was a mobile phone mount placed on the dash near the A/C vents, leaving holes for the bracket. I still haven't thought about that, but will do when the time comes for the interior work.

Again, I must stress that the important part of this project was to find a car which was mechanically sound, and luckily, the best bit of news has been that this E36 M3 is. Everything else is cosmetic! Keepin' them fingers crossed!

Attached Images       
Old 03-03-2013, 04:24 AM
AMGFanatic
The interior is decent and can be brought back to life, I've seen Anwar Al-Sayer's dye process and its quiet good.

If you want to order new leather you must buy new foam for under the seats.

Quick Reply: Project Resurrection: BMW E36 ///M3