Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Less than two weeks!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 11:10 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Bluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the comments Green! On another note, I have 103 photographs of the detailing process uploading now. I have to post them write & the step-by-step
so it's going to be a while until those can be posted.

Tomorrow, provided the weather isn't horrible and the light is good, I'll get some proper shots.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond repute
Why were there 1,200 miles put on the car after it was traded in?

I had a PPI done on a Z06 I almost bought back in 01. Came back perfect, tech said the car was a gem. Two nights later I found an old thread the owner posted asking what he should do about flood damage. Garage got flooded with two feet of water and Z06 was completely submerged. Every dealer trying to sell you a used car is a lying, manipulative thief that will gloss over things that are important to you, so they can make a deal.

That said, good luck with the car. I hope nothing comes back to bite you in the ass.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:30 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Bluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JarodL
Why were there 1,200 miles put on the car after it was traded in?

I had a PPI done on a Z06 I almost bought back in 01. Came back perfect, tech said the car was a gem. Two nights later I found an old thread the owner posted asking what he should do about flood damage. Garage got flooded with two feet of water and Z06 was completely submerged. Every dealer trying to sell you a used car is a lying, manipulative thief that will gloss over things that are important to you, so they can make a deal.

That said, good luck with the car. I hope nothing comes back to bite you in the ass.
The car was on their lot for approximately four months following all BMW recommendations as per my salesman's word. Besides a few test drives, from what I can surmise, it was used by either their GM or owner (can't remember) for short road trip if I recall correctly

While that's a bit longer than I'd prefer (both time on the lot and mileage added while there), it kind of makes sense considering the market area & the type of dealership (Infiniti & Volvo) as I wouldn't expect a vehicle like the M3 to fly out the door there.

Now the M3 I looked at while visiting a local dealer is a whole different story; I'd run, and run fast, from that one.

With that said, I've been over every inch of this car (engine bay, undercarriage, interior, exterior) and there's nothing to indicate any sort of damage or bad history that I can see. The exterior is perfect, and so is every little piece on the interior.

Based on what I can tell, the interior's wear matches the exterior. The only thing that has brought me worry is this:

They look like wax splatters, but as far as I can tell, they're underneath the clearcoat itself. I talked to the tech at my local BMW Center, and his opinion is that it was a problem that missed BMW's inspections during the manufacturing process. Thankfully, that's on the bootlid (which will eventually be replaced with a V-CSL bootlid). Quick note: the dark spot in the bottom-left hand corner is accumulated sensor dust on my D200.

Ultimately, all anyone can do is make a decision based on the information at hand, and it's almost always a little leap of faith. I'm glad you caught the Corvette trouble, even if it is a bit disconcerting to me. Thanks for the wish of good luck; I'll gladly take it and tuck it into the glove box .

Old 06-30-2008, 01:51 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
A ninety-six image step-by-step thread has been posted in the detailing forum. Check it out:

https://teamspeed.com/forums/detaili...step-step.html