Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

The JC to spec an F10 M5

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Probably not the look for your father, but saw a blacked out M5 when I was down in houston and thing looked mean.

This car in white looks fantastic. Love the design. Definitely a darker brown interior.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:58 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Frozen Silver!

looks great in person!!

Moonstone is nice as well but tends to look shabby when dirty imo

my personal fav is Azurite black with Champaign Interior

Old 04-09-2012, 06:13 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
I'd go Space Grey over red, with black dash.

But as you said red was out, then i'd go with this.

* I did it on the German site, so can't change the brake calipers and a few other details I'd wanna change.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:43 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
^I`d rather go with Singapore grey or Havanna then,..looks way more exclusive at the same price

Old 04-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Black w/red interior. And you MUST get an exhaust - no computerized nonsense please. 6MT. 20" wheels. Done.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely no 20s

Old 04-09-2012, 10:05 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait to see it JC! Good Luck!

Old 04-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Two ideas for you here that The Pearlcoupeg35 thinks would rock for you and your Dad:

1. Exact same spec as his E39 M5....to me, that is BALLER. Although id go 7speedDCT in the new one and all the gizmos to show the progression of the new model from the old one.

2. Something from the Individual pallet that is very classy and timeless. Perhaps frozen gray over a nice dark brown? Or a Black on Black car with Carbon Trim/pipes/etc - that is a sporty/timeless look on an M5

Congrats to you and your Dad

Old 04-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Thank DJ. I am really torn on the gearbox option. Part of me says to get the 6MT because of a love for analogue driving thrills, but then again it may compromise the car. If this M5 is anywhere near as good as the e39, then it will stay in the family for a very long time, as members of my family tend to form emotional connections with our cars.

I am especially worried after our experience with the frankenstein manual box in the e60 M5. It felt like they connected an e39 box to a high revving V10 and never, ever felt right.

I'm thinking about frozen silver, but I have heard that you have to be very careful when washing the car so that it doesn't get scratched. Frozen silver over dark brown could be very nice.

Last edited by "The JC"; 04-09-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Spec it in white with red interior
+1

White on Red. Mmmm.

Quick Reply: The JC to spec an F10 M5