Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

F10 M5 AWD Confirmed by BMW!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I would seriously consider the AWD option for Minnesota. I really like just about everything about the new M5 too.

Most likely I would stick with RWD though, and just get something with a little more ground clearance and AWD when it is needed.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
An awd m6 would be my dream haha. If you want a car to do the drift stuff in, go get a m3 and have fun, the m5 and m6 really are GT cars in purpose, and with 550+ hp...an AWD beast sounds more than fun to me!

Old 05-05-2011, 03:23 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
I like BMW's thinking. This will most certainly take a bite out of Audi's dominance in wintry climates.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
From my personal feeling AWD cars just feel too 'heavy'. That takes a little more concentration to drive, which detracts from the GT feeling.

If/When I get a new M5, it will be RWD. I will have a truck (F-150) or small SUV (Evoque, Cajun) for the winter.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Steve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond repute
i miss the old days where the closest thing to a porsche was a bmw
now the closest thing to a porsche is a cadillac

Old 05-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Steve K
i miss the old days where the closest thing to a porsche was a bmw
now the closest thing to a porsche is a cadillac
In the old days, EVERY Porsche had a dry sump racing engine.

Porsche and Ferrari used to be mentioned in the same sentence.

You know, 993 Turbo and 355.

Now, Porsche makes automatic trucks, and not even the Turbo have a dry sump engine.