Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

LOL, scratch the E36 M3, E90 M3 it is

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 01:27 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
LOL, scratch the E36 M3, E90 M3 it is

After the E30 maintenance experience, and the recent positive maintenance experience of the E39 M5, the mrs vetoed the E36 M3 sedan right then and there, and because the price delta between the E46 and the slightly used E90 M3 is not big enough, she would rather us get the E90 M3 and not worry about maintenance.

I think the E30 maintenance scarred her for life for older BMW's.

I want Melbourne with Bamboo, but she prefers space gray and black for a sedan. And she insists on manual, even though being a techie, I much prefer the DCT. That's OK, how many women say that they prefer manual over flappy gearbox?

So, what kind of lease deal can we get on an E90 M3?

Well, it looks like we are getting an E90 M3.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:36 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
After the E30 maintenance experience, and the recent positive maintenance experience of the E39 M5, the mrs vetoed the E36 M3 sedan right then and there, and because the price delta between the E46 and the slightly used E90 M3 is not big enough, she would rather us get the E90 M3 and not worry about maintenance.

I think the E30 maintenance scarred her for life for older BMW's.

I want Melbourne with Bamboo, but she prefers space gray and black for a sedan. And she insists on manual, even though being a techie, I much prefer the DCT. That's OK, how many women say that they prefer manual over flappy gearbox?

So, what kind of lease deal can we get on an E90 M3?

Well, it looks like we are getting an E90 M3.
Congrats. Pics asap

Old 04-23-2011, 03:46 AM
Teamspeed Member
clou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enough
And she insists on manual
She sounds like a keeper .

Old 04-23-2011, 04:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Consider it a blessing that she wants a manual. If anything happens with the DCT, you cannot repair it. You must replace at a cost of $10K+. In warranty that isn't an issue obviously, but since you seem like you enjoy keeping your BMWs for a while, it's a very real possibility.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
'08 and '09 e90 Ms are going for pretty cheap. Don't know about leases myself , but I do know trade in value for my '08 e92 is about $38-40k (50k miles and extensive tracking).

Happy hunting you DCT preferring poof

Old 04-23-2011, 07:55 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
I much prefer the DCT.
homo alert

Old 04-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
You'll love the 6speed E90! These cars are tremendous value used.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
diskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond repute
she insists on manual
good

i much prefer the dct.
bad

Mrs. stuka > Mr. stuka

Old 04-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
good choice. e36 is not really that great of a platform. plus, it'll be hard to get a good example of e46, let alone e36.

e90 really is close to porsche in performance and feel. there are some good deals out there. the only downside to e90 is that interior seems to have gotten smaller some how. e46 backseat is more usable than e90.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Haha this is great to see!! Now you won't have the bliss of replacing rear shock mounts and guibos.

Enjoy and keep us posted.

Quick Reply: LOL, scratch the E36 M3, E90 M3 it is